How to add the choice at checkout for Pickup or Delivery ?

Solved
4 0 0

I know there are a few threads.. .but they all refer to slightly more complicated solutions.

At the cart, or somewhere as part of checkout, I need to provide the option of "Pickup" or "Delivery" to my customers.  The Delivery will be a flat $10.00 fee.   That's it... They are either going to pick up the order, or we are going to deliver it for a small fee.

How do I do this?  

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
163 15 17

Hey there @Desdinova!

Ryder here from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! There are a couple different ways you can set up "Pickup" or "Delivery" options for your customers.

The Store Pickup + Delivery App is perfect for this. It allows you to designate your business hours for orders, and allows customers so select time slot intervals for pickup or customized time ranges for delivery. The app also offers postal code validation for driving distance. The app has a 14 day free trial, after which the subscription costs $29/month USD. 

If this isn't a suitable option for your business at this time, you can alternatively add weight based manual shipping rates to your local region offering a Free Pickup or Delivery - $10.00 options. This won't stop customers who aren't necessarily local enough from ordering from your website, but you can still manually contact them after the order's been placed advising them you're not able to deliver to them and refund their order. 

What kinds of products are you selling? Have you been marketing already? Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
4 0 0

Both of these fall under the category of over-kill.  (and over priced for the app).

We only sell locally (restricted by a Zip code app).  We sell ready-made meals, that if they order by 5:00pm on Sunday, are ready for pickup the next Thursday.

We just want to add the ability to deliver if they want it for like $10.00.   Pickup or $10.00 Delivery.  No other fancy options needed..  I guess I'll make sure the address info in mandatory, when they sign up, and code it myself somehow.   

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
163 15 17

Hi @Desdinova,

Thanks for your response! Are you able to clarify for me what would need to be coded? When your customers go through the checkout, they'll be required to input their address. Since you're already making use of a Zip code app that restricts buyers, you can simply set up manual shipping settings to charge a flat fee $10.00. You can set it up based on a weight or price based range of 0 kg or $0 with No limit under the Maximum order price/Maximum order weight, and name it Delivery. This will allow you customers the $10.00 - Delivery option regardless of what is in their cart. You won't be needing to follow up to cancel any un-local orders either, as visitor's are restricted from purchasing. Is there any other specific reason why this might not be a viable solution for your business? Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hey Ryder,

Thanks for hang'n in there with me.  I had some incorrect notions based on other posts, but took your advise and it looks great !!!   Thank you ...

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
8 0 3

Hey there @Desdinova!

Sam here! Customer Success Manager at Zapiet, the team that builds the Store Pickup + Delivery app. We do have price plans available for small startup merchants that are not currently listed on the app store page! I would love to have a chat with you about these if you pop over an email to support@zapiet.com! We do understand different merchants are working on very different scales and bottom lines! Our app combines a lot of the features that you have already, including the zip code validation on the cart page of the store that you may already be paying for via another app. 

One thing to note with all 'Pickup & Delivery' apps on Shopify's app store, not just ours, is the access to the Carrier Calculated Shipping service. If your store does not have access to this it means we can’t hide the free store pickup shipping rate when a customer chooses delivery and vice versa hiding the delivery rates when a customer chooses pickup. When this service from Shopify is active we can show your customers only the correct rate in the checkout, just like the example store we have here https://zapietdemo.myshopify.com (you can test local delivery using the zipcode 10001).

The weight-based solution mentioned by @Ryder is a workaround if you have specific products that you want to make available for pickup but is not seamless when offering products for both delivery and pickup, once you start seeing larger numbers of work the amount of customer service work required to manually correct orders can become cumbersome.​

Let me know if you need any other help or have any other questions we're always here to help!

Have a super awesome day!

Thanks,

Sam

Zapiet builds industry-leading pickup and delivery apps empowering 3000+ Shopify merchants in over 80 countries!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi there, I purchased the apps for pickup and delivery. I have configured both pick up and delivery logic, however, the options are not available on my checkup points, can you please advise.
0 Likes