How to allow customers to select multiple products as part of a package?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi there, 

I'm having trouble trying to set up my store so that customers can purchase a package and then select the items within the package.

For example, I would like customers to be able purchase a package of 10 Meals, and then be directed to a page with menu options where they can select their 10 meals. I would like this to be as user friendly as possible, so I am hoping to have the meal options be displayed as images with a checkbox that customers can select as part of their package. 

Is there a way to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Shannon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 72

Hey Shannon, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

From the sounds of things, you might be able to solve this with an app! Apps are like extra features you can add to your store. There are a couple apps in our App Store that might help here, depending on what features you need. Right off the bat, I thought about 'Build your own' apps. These will essentially let your customers build their own product, however, you can use it to let customers build their own package. Check these out: 

If that isn't quite what you needed, there are also some apps that let you just add more customization options to products, check these out: 

It looks like right now, all these apps come with free trials (one is even completely free) so what you can do is some trial and error with them to see which fit will be best for you and your business. Just keep in mind that these are third party apps, meaning they weren't created by Shopify directly. That just means that if you need a hand with getting them set up, or if you have questions about their features specifically, your best bet will be to reach out to the app's developers directly. You can see their contact information on the App's page! 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Ann

Thanks for the very quick response. I have explored a few apps but this is not exactly what I'm looking for, and to be honest would prefer not to spend $60/month on an app. 

I'm wondering if perhaps it's possible to alter code to make the following scenario possible:

a customer adds a '10 Meal Package' to their cart from a product page > they are then directed to a second page where they can select 10 products of their choice (images and descriptions are important for this due to the nature of the product) > once 10 ite ms are selected they can be directed to the cart page for checkout.

I'm not sure if this is possible or if it will require intense coding... your expertise is appreciated :)

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 72

Hey Shannon, 

I see what you mean! As far as I know there's no app in our App Store that's set up quite like that (or if there is, I might not have seen it myself, so definitely worth a quick look), however, it's possible that this could be set up through some code customization! 

Our general support team isn't trained enough in coding to help there I'm afraid, but what you can do is hire a third party expert to get that done for you! You can see a list of third party experts on this page

Additionally, if you're familiar with coding yourself, but don't know quite where to get started, you can try asking for insight from other developers on this forums board

I hope this helps!

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm curious if anything has been developed since this post? I am also looking for this exact situation for a different industry. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

It doesn't seem to have been. Its mystifying actually, as it seems like such a simple app for someone to build:

1: Have a product made up of ten different variants, let's say: a sticker pack with ten colour options.

2: The customer can choose whatever colour combinations they like, up to the ten options.

3: They add the product to the cart.

Seems simple...

3 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

i need this option too - and really struggling to find any answers on how to do it 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm looking for the same thing, essentially. I wish one of you coders would build us an app!

0 Likes