How to automatically hide sold out products from Facebook channel

Laura_R
Excursionist
11 0 11

How do I automatically hide sold out products from my Facebook sales channel? I'm able to hide them from Shopify but not Facebook.

If that isn't possible, is there a way to filter products for multiple conditions in the admin? (In other words, filter for unavailable on store AND available on facebook)?

0 Likes
Max
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
571 18 83

Hi, @Laura_R

This is Max from the Shopify Team.

At the moment, there is no way to automatically hide products on external sales channels like Facebook using Shopify rules.

You could manually remove visibility from these connected products when inventory levels dip below one. This, however, might be come tedious especially with a large inventory or frequent sales. There are some details on what can be done here (including some app options); Hiding out-of-stock products.

Similar automations have been requested by a few merchants and, if you're interested, I could add your shop to the list with some more specifics about how this impacts your business and daily workflows. Please share that here, and I'll connect the dots on our side. 

Finally, are you looking to view your shop's inventory in the admin? If so, make sure you have inventory tracking on. Then, head to Products > Inventory and use filtering options sort products based on Inventory quantity, like this;

02-59-buzq7-ec3rw

If you need any more help, please reply here!

Cheers,
Max

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

gem-obsession
Tourist
4 0 3

Hello, I am also interested in this feature to hide sold out items from facebook. I have set my "all" collection to inventory greater than 0 but they still are showing up on my facebook shop. Can you please add me to the list of people who want this feature.

0 Likes
Retronovia
1 0 1

Please add me to list of shops that would like the HIDE SOLD products on Facebook shop 

newday2day
Tourist
9 0 2

Please add us to the list as well.  This is really a big pain.  I mistakenly thought it did this automatically.  I chose to allow the pixel to remove and will to remove items this way either. 

0 Likes
Markh1234
1 0 0

Hi, any updates on how to hide product variants from Facebook? (or select the variants that are only available on Facebook?)

0 Likes
Shawn12
Excursionist
19 0 4

I'd like to be added to this list as well, it seems like a no brainer to have this functionality for anyone with a store with a lot of inventory/products.

0 Likes
Kernow
2 0 0

Hi

There is a way to bulk edit products and make them unavailable to facebook

1. go to all products

2. click more filters, available on facebook,

3. sort by low inventory

4. tick any out of stock

5. more actions, remove available channels,

6.remove from facebook.

0 Likes
MatxD
1 0 1

Hi @Max 

I am interested by this functionality and any info about its development.

Have a great day.