How to automatically switch checkout language ?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I installed weglot for the site part, but apparently the checkout part is not supported by the app.
How to automatically switch the language of the checkout according to the origin of the user?
By default shopify is in French, how to put in English the pass at the checkout for all other countries?

Best regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi there @JulienLeuleu!

Don here from Shopify. :)

While you can translate the language being used in your checkout, it would not be possible to use more than one checkout language in one store at a time.

You can select the language you wish to use there if your theme has more than one language or you can add manual translations yourself, though it would still not be possible to have more than one language for the checkout area of one store at a time.

Let us know if you are thinking about selling in more than one language or currency for the same store and we can go over any other possibilities for your business needs. 

Have you been selling already, or are you just getting started with your business?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi guys,

I have the same question: with Weglot the visitor in my shop can switch between German and English. The checkout however is always in German which I set as primarly language.

Are you now saying that it´s not possible to have a German checkout for German speakers, and an English checkout for others?

I´m sure this can be solved somehow!?!?

Cheers

Kai

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi there @GinzaBerlin!

Don from Shopify once again.

Depending on which translation app you are using for your store, it may be able to provide a translation option for the checkout.

I know that langify offers this, according to their app store page

Check out the selection of language apps in our store and check to see which options support translating the checkout to see if you can offer your customers the ability to check out in their language of choice.

As with all third-party apps in our store, you can reach out to the developers directly with any support queries you have by using the contact details listed there on the app store page.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Don,

we are using Weglot. As this is one of the leading translation apps, this should work.

I am talking to them too, currently it looks as if the locale is wrongly taken over to the cart. If a user switches to English, it should be "locale=en". This for some reason doesn´t work, and the shopping cart uses "locale=de" which is the default for my shop.

Any idea?

Cheers

Kai

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi again @GinzaBerlin!

Don from Shopify once again.

I'm afraid we're not able to provide support for third-party apps from here in Shopify at all but if you are already in touch with its developers they will be able to field any questions you have about this app's functionality.

Should this option not work for your requirements, you can look at some of the other options available which may do so.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hello Don, we're having of course the same problem. As probably 100% online sellers in Europe.

I may have been unattentive, can you please point me to the part of the documentation where Shopify says that the cart may not be translated and that it depends on third party apps? Thank you.

This is a major problem. Major. Please advise on what we could do. I will reach out to the translator developer and to the theme developer, but I really expect support by Shopify on such an important set of pages as the checkout process.

Thank you so much. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

@GinzaBerlin did you find a solution? Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi guys,

yes, Weglot has solved this for us. It´s now working for English and also French. 

Cheers

Kai

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi @GinzaBerlin,

Same problem here.

What did you do? Or what solution Weglot team gave you?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes