How to avoid abandon cart email from going to spam?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
63 0 2

Can we avoid our abadoned cart emails to go to spam? I want it in the primary inboxes for people

Anyone know the fix?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
423 0 88

Hi, There!

My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify.

I've been reading through some past instances of other businesses having the same issue. The common piece of feedback that has been working is to use a business email address instead of a personal one. For example, info@storename.com would be better than storename@yahoo.com.

If you purchased your domain name from Shopify, you can set up an email forwarding address using these steps. Email forwarding is different than email hosting. Email forwarding is when you create an email address such as info@storename.com that doesn't have its own inbox. When a customer writes to you at info@storename.com, their message is forwarded to your personal email address. When you reply to the customer they'll see your personal email address in the reply. 

Email hosting is when you create an email address like info@storename.com except the email address has its own inbox as well as the ability to send and receive messages. It's generally not connected to your personal email address so your customers will only see your business email address. Shopify currently doesn't provide email hosting but you can sign up for a third-party service such as GSuite or Zoho Mail to set that up.

Let us know if this works for you!

Jade | Social Care

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi there, i also have this problem. I have my own domain name and my emails are hosted with Microsoft Exchange Online (Office 365). I have spoken to 5 other vendors with the same problem who also have their own domain and emails with Microsoft. This must be a Shopify problem. It could be the wording of the default abandoned cart text being marked as spam because technically it is spam!

Do Shopify have a solution for this.

I am going to try change the wording to see if that helps but i think Shopify need to fix this as a priority because it is happening to so many people and it is affecting our income!

Please advise.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Same problem.  All notifications from Shopify site going to spam - for customers and internal.  Haven't found any outlook junk rules to stop this so far.  Nominal email address is our business domain.     

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Im having the same issues for my incoming order notifications... I just moved over from Woocommerce and I never had an issue like this. I also use Office365 Exchange. I used to always be able to see copies of my customers auto-generated emails too. 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Have you found a cure for this? I am having the same issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

me too

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

me too

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi There. This is an interesting topic and I also wondered myself and made research a lot for this. 

And I would like to give you a guide about the abandoned cart emails and I hope this can help you in some ways. 

Regarding the abandoned cart emails, they not only depend on what you performed: headings, call to action button, format, etc but also depend on the legalization. 

And in this guide, you can know more details. 

Let me know if you have any opinions. Thank you!

- Tips to optimize website loadspeed: academy.pagefly.io/how-to-speed-up-website

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

it is also my order confirmation emails being marked as spam.  I'm aware of the info in your guide, this is a configuration issue I believe.

0 Likes