How to ban malicious traffic or site?

Solved
Tourist
19 0 2

Hi guys,

I have received traffic from Pexel which I think is some sort of spying software on my store.

Is there anyway I can ban such traffic or website from snooping on my store?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1053 113 167

I am afraid there is nothing you can do as you have no control over any anti DDOS or filtering tools for your Shopify store.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
99 21 8

Hello, @fangsb.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

This is a great question. Fraud Filter is able to restrict specific customers from checking out on your store and automatically cancel the orders. We also have a guide to help with setting up Fraud Filter. However, if you’re looking to completely block them from viewing your store then you can try a third-party app that can block their IP address. I’ve handpicked a couple for you to try out:

• Traffic Guard - allows you to block specific IP addresses or entire countries, and can redirect the traffic.
  • Shop Secure - this one can also block IP addresses or countries, and can disable the right click/shortcut menus.

If you require assistance with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of the app’s page. 

If you're interested in account security, I answered another thread with a similar question relating to preventing access to their products and it includes a few additional security measures you can consider. Feel free to take a look right over here:

Is this what you were looking for? If you have any further questions regarding this topic, feel free to reply to this thread and I’d be happy to help.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
19 0 2

Dear Elias,

Noted. Thank you!

@Elias wrote:

Hello, @fangsb.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

This is a great question. Fraud Filter is able to restrict specific customers from checking out on your store and automatically cancel the orders. We also have a guide to help with setting up Fraud Filter. However, if you’re looking to completely block them from viewing your store then you can try a third-party app that can block their IP address. I’ve handpicked a couple for you to try out:

• Traffic Guard - allows you to block specific IP addresses or entire countries, and can redirect the traffic.
  • Shop Secure - this one can also block IP addresses or countries, and can disable the right click/shortcut menus.

If you require assistance with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of the app’s page. 

If you're interested in account security, I answered another thread with a similar question relating to preventing access to their products and it includes a few additional security measures you can consider. Feel free to take a look right over here:

Is this what you were looking for? If you have any further questions regarding this topic, feel free to reply to this thread and I’d be happy to help.

Dear Elias,

Noted. Thank you!

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1053 113 167

One note to what I actually meant by saying "not much you can do". Although, the apps @Elias mentioned can help dealing with "good citizens" that operate through browsers, none of these apps, or any other apps will help you in actually blocking the traffic. They are all working on the "client side" and the code that does the redirect or blocking is still executed within your store pages.

Your store can still be crawled and exposed to DDOS attacks using simple tools available in the wild. Just something to keep in mind.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes