Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi, 
Follow the below steps:- 

1) First Upload your images in dropbox.

2) Right Click on your images and copy dropbox link

3) Past the dropbox link and fill the two column one for main image (Image Src)and other for Variant images (Variant Image) 

4) Prepare your excel and upload in Shopify shopify-images-upload.JPG

0 Likes
Excursionist
14 1 2
This works but can be extremely tedious for a large amount of products.

Best to use a image host that DOESNT scramble image urls and offers predictable text structures.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
94 0 4

Hi @madhikar 

You can do this rather easily with Airtable. Airtable natively supports the loading of images from a file on your computer or via URL. You can either manage your images via a separate table (useful for specifying alt tags and the order of your images) or using our Power Images functionality that embeds images right into your product/variant tables. Read more about how to manage your Shopify Images with Airtable and also how to bulk update your Shopify data in general.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 3

Has anyone solved the Dropbox delima?

I am trying to bulk upload images (via dropbox) based on a CSV with <barcode>.png as the formula to match a large number of images.

But even in the Shopify image editor "add media from URL" doesn't work with Dropbox.

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 5.52.19 pm.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 3
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, Just to confirm  understood you well...
So if I got a product with multiple images, i fill in the whole template for the first row and then i just copy and paste the handle and insert the other image links in the image src column under each other, leaving all the rest of columns empty?

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 4

The bulk image upload isn't working for me, and I"m not sure why. 

I have a series of items that share an image, so I'm trying to upload an image that's common to all of them, in addition to the image that is different among each one. the primary image is there. So I exported the group of images to a csv. I used google sheets as requested (Though I prefer Open Office, but I got error messages). 

I uploaded the image into shopify files, and put that image URL into the spreadsheet in the image source field

If I have all the fields populated for both images, the import shows no errors, but the secondary image, that I"ve put as Image position 2, does not get added to the item. No error, just no image.

If I put only the header and the image link info, I get errors and it won't import.

I've tried it by importing the images for only one item, and when it imports, there's still no second image and no error.

I must be missing something. I've gone over all the csv info and the bulk import info, but I"m stumped.

I am pretty proficient with CSV files and database imports and exports. I assume this works as it seems others have had success, I'm just seeming to be missing something. And yes, the theme supports multiple images, but they're not showing up in the item card.

I'll take any hints or tips you have.

Thanks, Oz

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

sir

can i call u to understand how to bulk upload my images as i am having more than 500 producta with 6-7 images each. It would be great help if u support me. My mobile number is 9888017670

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
238 11 15

Hi @albshop 

You can upload images through CSV files. This guide will instruct you on how to do it.

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 5

Quite incredible, isn't it, that a shopping platform has no simple way of bulk uploading product images? It's an absolute prerequisite to setting up the site, and if you have thousands of images, as I do, you're left with either paying someone to sit and upload one image at a time manually, or try one of the discussed 'workarounds'. It's one thing when you have a free site that has these ridiculous scenario's, but when you're paying top dollar...

0 Likes