How to cancel store when shop is on pause

1 0 0

Hi. My shop is currently on pause and the demand for the products I offer is decreasing, making it no longer profitable for me to carry on with the shop. Is there any way I can close my shop WITHOUT entering "pause and build" or reactivating my shop via a plan? It doesn't seem right for me to PAY to close my shop. I can't seem to contact shopify help center too because a shop is needed to contact them and because my shop is on "pause", I cannot contact them. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1841 110 400

Hi, @clhsx

I'm sorry to hear that the demand for your current product line has decreased; however, I do understand why that has led you to want to close your store. If the account is on the full pause plan, then it will require moving this conversation to email to verify your store. Once we have verified your store, we can send your request up to our Accounts team so they can help process the closure of your account. I've gone ahead and sent you an email titled "Shopify Forum Support" to request further information. If you can follow up on that email as soon as you're able then I can continue with your request. 

Chat soon!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog