• You can return new and unused items within 45 days

in facebook page.

How can I change it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
182 0 12

It's not possible to change that text because it's Facebook's Sales Policy. All merchants are required to follow those guidelines in order the be eligible to use the Facebook channel. You can learn more here: https://docs.shopify.com/manual/sell-online/facebook/processing-orders

Hope this helps! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Yes but the policy also states that custom made or "final sale" items are exempt. All my stuff is custom made but they still keep that text there. Takes longer that 5 days to produce sometimes and are custom so no returns per their own policy.  Not sure how Facebook thinks they can dictate MY store policies.  That's just not right.  Either way I've put in the Product text per their policy custom made send final sale notes.  

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 2

Section B item #4 states the following, but they still keep those two notes there   I also put in my products hey take up to a week or more to produce    Sometimes I hate Facebook and their policies   

IMPORTANT NOTICE RE: FINAL SALE. The above return and refund terms do not apply to Products listed as “Final Sale” in the Product Listing, such as for customized or perishable products. Final Sale items are non-refundable and cannot be returned (except as expressly permitted under the Product Listing or required under applicable law).

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
187 0 27

Hi all!

I might be coming into this a little late, but if you are selling custom goods that require longer times to ship, you can actually contact Facebook to request that they edit those terms as they appear on your page. It doesn't self-edit automatically, but if you explain your situation as it pertains to their own terms of service, they may be able to create an alternative for you!

Hope this helps!

Diana | Shopify Guru ~ Contact Shopify 24/7 at support.shopify.com!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

It seems as though Facebook has updated their return and shipping policies, but it hasn't taken affect in the Facebook Store by Shopify.

This is what the policy currently states, 

1. "Returns. The Merchant will accept the return of any Product if it is: (i) in new and unused condition; and (ii) returned within the time specified by the Merchant in the Product Listing, which will generally be one, two, or three weeks, following the return procedure below."  - https://www.facebook.com/payments_terms/commerce_salespolicy

Will it be possible to change Return and Shipping related information in the future? How long until these things might potentially be updated?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Not happy with the changes made. This has been a hassle. Not user friendly at all and a lot of liberty taken without giving the shop owner alternative options during roll out. Have you actually EVER tried getting someone to help with things on Facebook. It doesn't happen. So now the shop order of products is up to them as to how they look on the page during inventory entry on FB, they have access to a lot of proprietary information, and they tell us what the return policy is on custom orders. I find all of this seriously aggravating and unacceptable. 

1 Like