How to change currency

minksoexotic
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey guys,,, 

I really need help with changing my currency. I have already made sales since I opened my business so now the process is different but im unsure of what to do.

when I go to currency change it just sends me to contact support (general page) which is useless because it just tells me to do what Ive already done.

PLEASE HELP 

0 Likes
Pallavi
Shopify Expert
736 94 109

Hello There,

Check this article and change currency

https://avada.io/shopify/docs/how-change-currency-formatting-shopify.html
https://help.oberlo.com/en/articles/952395-changing-your-shopify-store-currency
https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/currency-formatting
https://shopthemedetector.com/blog/how-to-change-currency-on-shopify/

Want to modify or develop new app, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: support@zestard.com
Shopify Apps URL :- https://apps.shopify.com/partners/zestard-technologies
Custom Modifications Into Shopify Theme | Shopify Private App | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes

Hi,

happy to help you

Currency will not change after sale, look at this image 

2058.png

To change the currency in your online store, follow these steps:

1. From the Shopify admin, go to Settings and then click General.

2. In the Store currency section, select the preferred currency.

Note: If you have launched your store and have already made sales, then you need to contact Shopify Support to change your store currency.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
379 47 68

Hey, @minksoexotic!

Ryder here from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! If you haven't yet made a sale or test order you'll be able to change your store selling currency in your Admin by going to General settings > Store currency and toggling to the currency of your choosing.

Already made a sale? No problem! You can still contact our Support Advisors to help with unlocking your currency settings. Before doing so, it's important to note the impact that switching currency will have on your account. If you're using a third-party payment provider, you'll also want to confirm with them about selling-currency eligibility.

The main impacts of switching currencies include:

Reporting

Our reporting won't factor in the difference between currencies. This means if you've already made sales in one currency - $500 USD, for example - it would remain the same number after switching to the new currency (ie. $500 CAD). Because on USD dollar isn't equivalent to CAD, the reporting moving forward would be inaccurate. You can mitigate this by setting a date range to begin after the date of the currency switch when reviewing data to exclude any transactions that would've been processed in the previous currency.

Product pricing

Similarly to your analytics, the value of the currency exchange won't be captured in your product pricing after making the switch. This means you'll need to be sure to adjust product pricing manually to factor in the correct value. Any refunds processed after a currency exchange will also be affected.

Apps

Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing a selling currency. If you have any questions in regards to whether changing your currency might affect any of your apps, you'll need to speak with the app developers.

Gift cards

Any gift cards your customers might have with remaining balances in the old selling currency will not work once the selling currency has been changed. If you have any customers with remaining balances on their gift cards, you can simply issue them a free gift card with the correct value in the new currency after having made the switch.

Shipping

Your store's shipping rates won't change currency either. After making the change, you'll need to delete your existing rates and add them back in manually to list them in the correct currency.

Currency rules

If you offer a currency option with a manual foreign exchange rate and rounding rules setup, those settings will be locked if you then change that into your shop currency. You'll need to revert that currency back to automatic foreign exchange rates with no rounding rules before making the change.

Other

It's also a good idea to review all of your product pages, themes, and other areas of your store for currency information that may need to be updated. I'd also recommend reviewing our currency conversions and risk guide for more information should you be converting currencies.

If you're comfortable with all the above impacts and ready to make all the suggested adjustments, contact our Support Team and we can look at guiding you through the next steps! Hope this helps, and please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Larry753
1 0 0

In the event that you offer a cash alternative with a manual unfamiliar conversion scale and adjusting rules arrangement, those settings will be bolted in the event that you, at that point change that into your shop money. You'll have to return that money to programmed unfamiliar trade rates with no adjusting rules prior to rolling out the improvement.

0 Likes