How to change payment provider Order ID?

lostinspace
Excursionist
13 0 5

When we receive a new order from shopify the transaction is added to our payment gateway's back end as usual. The problem we have is the shopify order ID is no where to be found. All we get is some strange and irrelevant number for the Order ID as shown in the screenshots. How do we see the REAL order ID? Our accountant's can't even begin to reconcile these transactions because not a single thing matches between shopify and our transaction listings in our payment gateway.  It couldn't be more useless.  We're using Moneris as our payment gateway for this.  Shopify provides this as one of the ready to go solutions, so its not something custom we have done.  Its purely a Shopify limitation.  

What I get:
Order ID I getOrder ID I get

What I want:

Order ID I wantOrder ID I want

Replies 10 (10)

AdamP
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm working on this same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

lostinspace
Excursionist
13 0 5
no, its not fixable. but what you can do is drill down when viewing the
order in the Shopify admin and it will show the (same) ID that is used
on the moneris side. so you can at least match order to transaction.
its like below in order notes or something.

Rubinder
4 0 0

I know this is an older thread, but we're in same situation. I know we can see the moneris order id in shopify when viewing the order details, but that's not really an option. We have lots of orders and won't be possible to open each to reconcile.

We are looking at options to have both these numbers (Moneris order id and Shopify order #) in a single report.

Did you have any luck with this ?

lostinspace
Excursionist
13 0 5
sorry, no, we never did anything. as long as we could see the number in
the order details that became good enough. sorry.
Rubinder
4 0 0

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be looking into this some more, will update here if something works out.

BetterReports-K
Shopify Partner
169 6 16

Hi @Rubinder,

Keanna here from the Better Reports support team.

I would recommend our app Better Reports for this!

The transaction order id is available in the gateway receipt metadata. We can create a custom report that extracts the order id from the receipt and includes the Shopify order number so you can directly relate the transaction to the order.

In addition to building custom reports to meet your specific needs, you'll have access to 60+ built-in reports that cover many common use cases for merchants and our reports can be scheduled to send directly to your email or Google Drive at set frequencies.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. 

Rubinder
4 0 0

Hi Keanna,

We actually already have better reports and I've been trying to figure out how to get some additional receipt metadata. I suppose you can help out with that.

How can we get in touch with you ?

Thanks,

Rubinder.

BetterReports-K
Shopify Partner
169 6 16

Hi @Rubinder,

That's great to hear!

You can reach out to us by email at hello@betterreports.com or through the help beacon directly in the Better Reports app.

Just reference this conversation and we can get that set up for you.

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. 

Keanna

Rubinder
4 0 0

Thank you @BetterReports-K for bringing this up.

I reached out to your team and Kritesh helped me to create a custom field to pull the Moneris order IDs and solve our problem.

For anyone else running into this problem, Better Reports is a great addon for customized reporting.

BetterReports-K
Shopify Partner
169 6 16

You're very welcome, @Rubinder!

I'm so glad we were able to solve that for you.

Have a great day!