How to change shop name ?

Highlighted
1 0 0

HI! I signed up with a name, but I thought of another names I wish to use instead, How to change shop name ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
681 71 102

Hi, @JoyGifting! Welcome to the Community!

The store name you use when creating your account creates a unique and permanent myshopify.com url for your store. However, you can change your business name by editing the store name in ‘Settings > General’ in your Shopify admin. These steps are also found in the Help Doc for Adding business settings for your store.

Since the original myshopify.com url is permanent on your account, even if you update your store name, most merchants choose to use a custom domain and set it as their primary domain instead. When using a custom domain, your myshopify.com url will no longer be visible to your customers, and only you will see it when you are logged into your Shopify admin. You can read more about buying or using a third party custom domain in this Help Doc.

However, if you are still keen on having your myshopify.com url the same as your store name in your Settings, and if aren’t too far along in your store setup, then you can always close your account and start a new one with your preferred business name. 

Hope this helps you decide how you’d like to proceed. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes