How to change the backend language to french

Alain_Ramminger
1 0 0

Everything is in the title

How can change the backend language to french ? (I'm not talking about the front site template. just the backend)

Thx for your help.

0 Likes
Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 0 99

Hey, Alain!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. :) 

Unfortunately, the admin (back end) of the website is only available in English at this time. I'll be sure to let our feature request team know that you'd be interested in that option for the future of Shopify!

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!

Have a great day,

Savannah 

Paul_van_Dyk
2 0 0

It would be nice being able to change the backend langauge developing for clients they do not always accept english.

0 Likes
Irisvdb
1 0 0

Hi Savanah, I need to know the opposite: how do you change the language from French to English? Shopify always puts the site and backoffice in French, even when I try and leave the 'fr' away. I live in Belgium, but not in the French speaking part, so English is a much better option.

0 Likes
May
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
334 32 146

Hi, @Alain_Ramminger@Paul_van_Dyk  and @Irisvdb

May here from Shopify.

Shopify has launched a beta feature for multi-language admin, and now you can choose other languages besides English for your admin! These languages include German, French, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish. Here are the steps to change your admin language:

1. From your admin go to 'Settings > Account'.

2. Under 'Accounts and Permissions', select a user. 

20-11-nsfk0-4nkwd

3. Under 'Language and Region', click on the dropdown to select your language.

5. Click 'Save'.

If you have any feedback, feel free to submit them from your admin as well. In your 'Account Settings' page, you will see a prompt box where you can submit your feedback. 

Let me know if you have any followup questions! 

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

lsb57
1 0 0

Hi @May!

Any plans for additional languages anytime soon? I am particularly interested in Romanian.

Thank you,

Steph

0 Likes
May
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
334 32 146

Hi, @lsb57!

Welcome to our Shopify Community!

We are always working towards improving our platform, and adding more languages in the admin is definitely one of them! Although Romanian is currently not supported in the admin, I'm sure there are many other merchants who will find this feature helpful. That being said, I'm more than happy to launch a feature request on your behalf and pass along your suggestion to our Products team. If the request is already there, I can add to it to bump it up - as the more merchants that mention a feature, the more likely they are to be implemented.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to write it in here. If you have any other questions or suggestions, feel free to reply back to this thread or contact our 24/7 support, and we’ll happily help!

Cheers!

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
matrody
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi @May!

Any plans for adding Arabic languages anytime soon?

Thank you,

Mansour

0 Likes
GreenValley
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi 
I can't find where to change. On my profile it is already preferred language to English... I need to change the backend panel from Brazilian Portuguese to English. Thank's in advance.

Imperial1002
1 0 0

So, I am having the same issue. My designer created the site in Brazil, but I am in the US. The backend and front end are both in Portuguese and I can't change it. HELP! 

0 Likes