How to change the link that the shopping icon goes to

2 0 0

My current website is alienx.net. When the cart icon is pressed, it goes to alienx.net/cart. How do I make it so that when the cart icon is pressed, it goes to alienx.net/pages/cart? Also, is there a way to change the looks of the alienx.net/cart page?

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
1111 90 250

You can edit this in your theme editor.

I'd probably start by reading theme.liquid Layout to see where things are inserted, I'm guessing you'll end up in a Section called header.liquid, or maybe a Snippet with a similar name.

Yes you can change the look of the cart page. Start by looking in the Template called cart.liquid, in your theme editor.

If you're not familiar with editing themes, here's a starter guide I wrote up: https://speedboostr.com/how-to-safely-edit-your-shopify-theme.

If you prefer to hire for development, give a shout to my team at speedboostr.com/contact. We do stuff like this every day.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
0 Likes
2 0 0

I took a look at some of the sections in the code. There has got to be a place where I can just change its destination from alienx.net.cart to alienx.net/pages/cart.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2569 133 433

To change the look of the /cart you would customized the cart.liquid template or similar.

As for changing an icons url , that depends on where the icon is be it in a sidebar, a flyout menu or a static header on everypage.

If it's in the header often this is in file name header.liquid, or it's  part of theme.liquid

In more modern themes you'll want to look for routes.cart_url

https://shopify.dev/docs/themes/liquid/reference/objects/routes#routes-cart_url

Otherwise it should simply be an anchor tag that uses /cart in it's href attribute.

If you need this fixed contact me at paul.newton+shopifyforums@gmail.com with store url,theme name and details.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes