How to change the name of my store?

Highlighted
1 0 0

When I first opened up my shopify account I used a quick name and after setting things up I came up with a name and tried changing it through my account but I wound up creating a whole new account accidentally. Also with my other account the old name still pops up in the web browser. I want to be sure that customers will be inputting or finding my new store name. Can someone help me fix this? THank you! 

Torra 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
253 1 21

Hi there!

My name is John and I'm a Guru here at Shopify!

It sounds like you are referring to your store's 'myshopify.com' domain name here, rather than the store name itself? 

The store name can be changed at any time in the settings > general menu in your Shopify admin.

The myshopify.com domain, on the other hand, is unique to each account created here and cannot be edited once it has been selected.

Not to worry, as you can simply add a custom domain, purchased in the admin or from any third-party domain provider to add to your store so that's the only web address presented to your customers online. 

As long as you select to redirect all traffic to this domain you would only see the myshopify.com domain when working in the back-end in the Shopify admin.

Best of luck with everything here! 

Regards,
John

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

There has got to be a way to change the .myshopify domain. Sure you can direct your traffic to a custom domain but when you pull the site up on Google Search console or inspect it the old one is still in there. A customer might not see it but that doesn't mean I want Google/other developers to see it. There's really no way to change it? that would mean it's virtually impossible to complete rebrand without wiping the entire store/account and starting over

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same problem. Can someone help me change the name. He's on google search.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
57 0 2

Store name can be changed in the general settings.

The username/subdomain is unique and can not be changed. You'll have to add a different custom domain.

A 1 second decrease in load speed can increase conversions by 1% – 7%. Get your store speed optimized
0 Likes