How to change the tracking number

Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 5

Sometimes I put wrong tracking number so I want to know how to change it, after fulfill and close the order.

It is possible to re-open the order, but I couldn't find the way to change the tracking number.

Anyone has a clue? Please share. Thank you!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 0 9

Hi Joseph,

Are you submitting the tracking via the API? or are you entering them manually?

Charlie

@Fulfillrite

e-commerce order fulfillment made fast. simple. easy. www.fulfillrite.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 5

I do everything manually for now since there's not a lot of orders

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 0 9

Hi Joseph,

From the admin dashboard click on Orders then select the fulfilled order that you'd like to edit. Look for "We successfully fulfilled 1 line item" click on this line and it will expand and give you the ability to update/edit your tracking for the fulfilled order. See screenshot below.

Good Luck,

Charlie

@Fulfillrite

e-commerce order fulfillment made fast. simple. easy. www.fulfillrite.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 5

Wow it works! Thank you very much!! Have a good one!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

This has been updated, now you need to access this from a drop-down menu at the bottom right side of the order page - it will say "more" and you just choose "edit tracking"  Hope that helps!  

Choose edit trackingChoose edit tracking

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can you please clarify if I edit the tracking number, will the notification be sent to the customer?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I cannot see this. I cannot find the change shipping  number button

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

For anyone having trouble with editing the tracking number, or shipping method, that is using Spocket (or another fulfillment app), I had this same issue and was told the information could not be edited or updated even after adjustment on Spocket's end. However, I found a solution that was extremely simple and worked right away.

The option to edit tracking will not appear on the desktop browser if the shipping info was sent/synced to Shopify by your fulfillment app/company (i.e. Spocket), but this is what worked for me. It also updated on my browser after the following steps were completed:

Download the Shopify App (I use the iOS app).

Go to your orders, and click the order which needs the change.

Click the three dots (...) next to "Fulfilled by (Spocket)"

And click "Edit Tracking"

I don't know why this is blocked for Spocket fulfilled orders on the browser or why it is available through the app, but it appears to be the only workaround right now. Good luck all!

0 Likes