How to change to another myshopify.com domain?

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi there.

Need some help here. I'm still on trial period but I registered a wrong domain and would like to change it to the right one. The store name I already changed with no issues. Is possible to change my shopify domain with no charges?

Thank you in advance.

Patrick

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Patrick,

I'm an app developer with a demo store and have the same problem right now... I've not found a way to do this and I don't believe it is possible. Hopefully someone will let us know otherwise. If you are paid then you can add your own domain but the myshopify.com will probably stay the same.

Hope I'm wrong!

GMKnight.

Store owner and app developer.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

GMKnight, what I need is exactly that you said: change a shopify domain for another shopify domain. Ex.: 123.myshopify.com to 456.myshopify.com. When my store starts selling I'll probably buy a .com domain and integrate to shopify but I want to ensure that the domain I want will not be registered.

If there's no way to do that I will have to create a new account with a new myshopify domain, but I dont know if I can save my actual page (still developing) and load on the new domain.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi there.

Personally I'd recommend upgrading and setting up your domain as one of the first things to do. 

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what the myshopify.com domain is if you buy your own and use that (trust me, I have two stores with the wrong domains - but all the customers see the domains I purchased).

GMKnight

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0
For 5 bucks I think I'll do that.
But I still want to change my Shopify domain. I need that so much! Lol!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Good luck! Let us know! 

1 Like