How to change what website/shipping company the tracking number links to on order status page

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi, 

I'm trying to figure out how to change what company/website the tracking numbers on my order status pages link to. Currently they're linking to China Post, but I would like them to link to USPS. 

Any idea where I could make those changes? 

Thanks!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
100 0 16

Hey there Aaron!

Cynthia here, a Guru with Shopify :).

That is something that you can change/add while you are adding tracking to an unfulfilled order, and you can also modify the tracking on existing orders.

For example, on one of your most recent orders, if I click More->Edit Tracking (inside the Fulfillments box on the order page), a dialog comes up showing the China Post tracking information:

You can switch that over to USPS via the tracking URL box, or the Carrier box, as USPS is listed there. 

The same tracking number/carrier fields show up while fulfilling an order as well, so there's a place to change that before and after the fact :).

I hope this was helpful - if you need anything else, let me know!

Cynn | Guru @ Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Is it possible to set the defaults for this setting somewhere? So that my custom link will automatically appear on all future orders?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there anyway I can set a default link, so I don't have to change it for every order?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

+1 **bump**

Hi there, could somebody get back to us on this thread? I have the same issue. I always have the same tracking URL root that I want to automatically prefill to all orders, so I need to Tracking Courier to default to 'Other', otherwise my tracking URL will not work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

BUMP... Am I going to have to change this every time? How do I change the default?

Thanks,

Rick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello,

I'm encountering the exact same problem. When I enter a tracking number, it automatically detects WRONG shipping carrier so I need to select "Other" then paste URL for every single order. It's a kinda relentless job to do this 500 times a day. There must be a solution to this!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey all

Has anyone been able to find a workaround to this?

0 Likes