How to clear unused code ?

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Good Day Oli

I am in desperate need in fixing my stores loading speed, its currently on 18. I have no idea how to remove unused JavaScript and theres a few other issues too. I would really appreciate your help please. www.hallmarkfashion.co.uk

Kind Regards

Sean

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I need help deleting all the unused JS from mine also. My website is located at bedroka.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
100 2 15

Hi @Sean67,

You’ve got a failed request to the GooglePay API on each page. Maybe coming from an app or your theme, I’m not quite sure.

There’s more of that situation where Google thinks your page takes a lot longer to load than it actually does (it claims 23 seconds till the sites interactive, where as I can interact in 2 seconds ish). Google also says that parsing your different Javascript snippets is taking 6.5 seconds, again, I’m not too sure about this. Here is a list of all of the Javascript processes that have to run before your page finishes:

Shopify

792 KB

1,505 ms

Facebook

1,568 KB

367 ms

Other Google APIs/SDKs

484 KB

204 ms

Google CDN

67 KB

17 ms

SocialShopWave

36 KB

3 ms

Google Tag Manager

66 KB

0 ms

Cloudflare CDN

13 KB

0 ms

Google/Doubleclick Ads

12 KB

0 ms

Mailchimp

8 KB

0 ms

PayPal

3 KB

0 ms

There's a social widget app which slows down your product page load by nearly a second.

Cheers,

Oli

——————————

Founder @ www.preproduct.io

Test and make sales for future products

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
100 2 15

Hi @FliCityKulture ,

You've got a denied request to this URL; https://cdn.starapps.studio/apps/via/yabba-streetwear/script-1591635219.js?shop=yabba-streetwear.mys... , but it causes half a second delay whilst it finds this out.

Here's a breakdown of the Javascript delays: 

Third-PartySizeMain-Thread Blocking Time

Shopify
1,851 KB
311 ms
Facebook
331 KB
42 ms
Google Analytics
18 KB
11 ms
Google CDN
162 KB
0 ms
Google Tag Manager
132 KB
0 ms
Google/Doubleclick Ads
27 KB
0 ms
MailMunch
12 KB
0 ms
Other Google APIs/SDKs
2 KB
0 ms
Heroku
1 KB
0 ms
Secomapp
1 KB
0 ms
Bugsnag
0 KB
0 ms

Cheers,

Oli

——————————

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

@OliUK - Thanks for helping out in the community here.  Awesome stuff.

Saw your preproduct.io app and wanted to know more about it.  Can we take this converation offline from this?  I've got a client where we want to test things out and yours might seem like a good tool but not sure.

I'll email you shortly.

Lastly, I want to point out to individuals that the theme you use is of paramount importance to site speed.  Poorly coded themes add a lot of overhead.  I'm not a coder, but in my experience using a theme that has all the bells and whistles may do you more of a disservice than benefit.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
100 2 15

Hi @Sam100 ,

No worries at all.

Sounds good, I've just emailed you back.

——————————

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi @OliUK 

You're doing good work here. Could you please take a look at my site - https://montret.com as well?

Thanks in advance,

Amy.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
100 2 15

Hi @AmyEgb,

Yep, no worries.

Your store is requesting a copy of the whole of the Boostrap style sheet(CSS), it might be something to do with Trust pilot, I can’t really see. I think it’s in your theme folder => assets => vendors.css . I might be reading it wrong though.

The rest of the big Javascript requests are coming from your Shopify theme.

Hope that helps,

Oli

——————————

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you very much!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can you help me as well I don't know how to clear unused javascript and my page speeds are low. 

https://721done.com/

0 Likes