How to clear unused code ?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

That is very unfortunate, and what is more unfortunate is that you are so nonchalant about admitting you have no tools to prevent the inadvertent degradation of your own product and that you seemingly don't care about providing a solution. I will be cancelling my subscription shortly due to this attitude your company has. It is particularly disturbing that you would allow 3rd parties to corrupt our sites and do nothing. Then, you have the audacity to ask for more money, so people on the back end can do what they should be doing to begin with at NO extra charge to the customer. This is supposed to be what we are paying for on a monthly basis.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks Oli for your reply. 

Unfortunately, i could not find that app.js file, i did found a file called app.js.liquid which broke the website when deleted

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
159 2 25

Hi @Lelemadethis ,

Ah yep, testing these things before making the change is so important. 
It sounds like that file is in use which is a shame.

Apart from that, your site seemed fairly well optimised. It must be the theme mostly slowing it down.

Cheers,

Oli

——————————

Founder @ www.preproduct.io

Test and make sales for future products

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi guys, 

Does anyone have any tips for speeding up this site? 

www.plakatbar.no 

In GtMetrix I get: 

467.3KiB of JavaScript is parsed during initial page load. Defer parsing JavaScript to reduce blocking of page rendering.

I see that some of these comes from old apps, not innstalled anymore. But how do I find those snippets of code? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1
hi.. apologise for my english

i use this on theme.liquid to delete the amazonaws on my site

{% capture h_content %}
{{ content_for_header }}
{% endcapture %}

{% if h_content contains "amazonaws" %}
{{ h_content | remove: ',"https:\/\/s3.amazonaws.com\/lastsecondcoupon\/js\/eventpromotionbar.js?shop=milanobags-romania.myshopify.com"' }}
{% else %}
{{ content_for_header }}
{% endif %}

try add more {{h_content|remove..................."}}

i hope help...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

You won't find an answer. They are doing nothing about it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
159 2 25

Hi @preventtek ,

If Shopify provided the barebones of a web page with plain text and a list of products with a buy button, that would be very fast.

However, store owners want and desire more than that, whether it's stylistic or functional, millions of store owners require different elements and functions for their online business. It would be impossible for Shopify to build for all of these use cases. Hence, why they have a third-party appstore and theme eco-system.

Shopify actually has a pretty in-depth vetting process for third-party apps now, I heard recently about an app taking 6 months before they allowed it through. It might not have always been this way, but it is now and they do care. (That said, there are certainly irresponsible apps out there and it can be very frustrating.) 

It sounds like you have some apps slowing down your page speed, would you like me to have a look for you and see If I can point you in the right direction? Just post your URL and I'll have a look.

Cheers,

Oli

——————————

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
159 2 25

Hi @johnC1 ,

I would test removing anything before you remove it on your live site (through duplicating the template and previewing it).

If you have removed these apps, then they must be getting triggered from a file in your theme.

1. Check in your theme folder and then 'js folder' => 'modules' and check that folder for 'frequently bought together'. If that folders there, that's the culpret.

For the others, I would recommend downloading your entire theme, then using a program like 'TextMate' to search the entire folder for the app name. Once found, I would then experiment with removing that block of code.

The third (and possibly fifth) URLs in your list are from your the theme, so shouldn't be tampered with.

Good luck,

Oli

——————————

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Thanks Oli!  

2 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Oli,

Any tips would be great as speed is really bad on mobile but great on desktop. 

Any advice how we could improve the mobile speed?

https://pappedpets.com/

Thanks

0 Likes