How to close a paused store

itzelmendoza
2 0 1

Hi guys,

My store has been paused for almost 3 months and I can't close it without choosing a new plan, nor contact support team. I can't click "remove online store" and do not wish to get a new bill from Shopify. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
356 37 64

Hi, @itzelmendoza !

Do you know which of the two paused plans you were on? 

When you use the Pause and Build plan, your store continues to run at a reduced cost of $9 USD per month. You can access your Shopify admin and edit your products when you need to, but your checkout is disabled. This plan would allow your customers to see your products, but they can't purchase them.

The Pause and Step Away plan allows you to pause your store completely and step away from it. In this case, your store is paused for up to to three months without being charged for your subscription. You can reopen your store any time during the three months. It sounds like this is the one you're on but I just want to double check with you. If this is the case, let me know here and we can get you authenticated and get this escalated to our Accounts team to close up for you.

All the best!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

itzelmendoza
2 0 1

Thanks for your quick response @Oliver . The plan I was on is the Step Away one.

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
356 37 64

@itzelmendoza 

You're very welcome! I've sent you an email to the address you have listed with your Shopify Community account. From there we can get you authenticated and escalate this up to our Accounts team.

Talk to you soon!

subs
Tourist
3 0 0

hi @Oliver

I am in the same boat as OP , with the pause and step and step away plan.

I want to close my account before the 3 months period is over.

please help me

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
356 37 64

Hi, @subs !

I can certainly help with that! I've sent an email to the address you have listed on your Shopify Community account. From there we can get you authenticated and then get this escalated to our accounts team. 

Warm regards!

zzzzzzzzzzzzz
2 0 0

I'm having the same problem.  It would be nice if the "Remove Online Store" button would do just that.  Or maybe remove the button from that screen to avoid confusion and frustration.

I also can't contact support via chat or email because "select a store" is required but I'm unable to select my store because it's in this weird limbo state.

Please send an email to the contact for blankslatedeals.myshopify.com.

Thanks for your time,

Mindy

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
356 37 64

Hi, @zzzzzzzzzzzzz !

Thanks for your feedback and for reaching out. In theory I actually agree with the idea although the "remove online store" button is intended for merchants who plan on switching to Shopify's $9 Lite plan but plan to remain open. This is a feature for merchants looking to sell on just Facebook, Amazon, etc. but close the online store. I do think it could be more clear what this button/feature is for though, so I'll be providing your feedback to our development team in hopes of making that more clear down the road.

When trying to contact support through our live channels, you can click Continue without logging in if you're having any difficulty signing into the account. I wanted to provide this option to you first since it will of course be your fastest method of support.

12-06-ezux0-utgls

If for whatever reason you are still having trouble accessing support, let me know here and we can push our conversation to email where we can continue to look into this together.

Warm regards!

0 Likes
zzzzzzzzzzzzz
2 0 0

Thanks for your reply, Oliver!  This is the screen I was referring to (selecting Email as the method of contact has the same issue).  Selecting a store is required to go any further with contacting support.  When you click on the link to "select a store" the store name is there but you cannot select it because it's stuck in limbo.  Your only option is to click on "continue without selecting a store" which takes you back to the main Help screen.

Is my only option to pay for the store to be "reopened" so I can then close it?  The pause feature was really nice due to the strange situation this past year, but it seems really buggy.

ShopifyDeadEnd.JPG

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
356 37 64

Hi, @zzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Sorry to hear you're still having some trouble with this. Thank you for the screenshot as well, it helps with troubleshooting. This page should auto-fill the missing information after you've selected I have a Shopify Store. If this isn't working you can also just click I don't have a Shopify Store and our Support staff can manually authenticate you in the chat. It seems like the browser may be causing some trouble here. 

If the shop is already frozen and your intention is to close it anyways, you can just leave it as it is. You wouldn't need to reactivate only to cancel your subscription. 

Let me know if you need any help or if you're still having some trouble and I can reach out to you via email.

0 Likes