How to close down shop after trial ends?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello,

A few weeks ago, I chose to use Shopify to run my website. I chose a free trial because I wasn't 100% sure if Shopify was the best solution.
Now I have decided not to sell products online and would like to close the Shopify store so that I can put my other website online.
I already looked up some tutorials online on how to close a Shopify store, the problem is that I can't access the admin panel. All I can do is select a plan.
I was wondering if there is another solution to close the Shopify store. Or is Shopify automatically disconnected as soon as I get a new hosting for the domain name

Thanks in advance,
Xander

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 62 129

Hey, @xandervg 

It sounds like your store is actually closed down already. After a trial ends, if you never entered in your credit card info and selected a plan, the store will automatically freeze after the 14 days are up. You will not be billed further in this case and no action is required to close it down. 

If you do change your mind, you can select a plan to reopen the store and continue building the store. I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Dirk,

is it possible to completely delete a store even after the trial has ended? So the originally used mail adress can be used for a different store?

When I log in with the mail adress I cant even enter the account to delete if, it keep redirecting me to the plan selecion ...

Kind regards!

Armin

0 Likes