How to close my paused store?

MarekTruumaa
4 0 0

Hello

I would like to close my paused store, but without choosing any payment plan and then hustle with the refund. Currently, my store is in a "Pause and Step Away" mode and I would like to close it permanently cause I don´t need it anymore. Can anybody help me with this? 

0 Likes
Eunice
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
237 39 35

Hey @MarekTruumaa 

Eunice here from the Shopify Community, thanks for posting!

We'll be sorry to see you go but I support your decision entirely. Merchants make difficult decisions all the time in business, but one of the toughest can be deciding whether to close or continue.

This doesn't need to be the end of your entrepreneurial journey entirely though. Often our failures and mistakes lead to new opportunities. Use what you've learned to create your next success. 

Okay, let's get that paused store of yours closed:

Before we get started it's important to note that we have two different pause plans; the Pause and Build plan and the Full Pause plan.

The Pause and Build plan allows you to pause your storefront while continuing to work on your store for a reduced subscription fee, and the Pause Plan lets you completely pause your store for three months for a zero subscription fee.

It sounds like you're on the Full Pause Plan because you're prompted to pick a plan when you try to log in. In this case, you would need to contact Shopify Support to request closure. But for ease, I've gone ahead and emailed your community email address to help you with this.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Jstar25
1 0 0

I also want to close my paused store, im currently on pause & build, and I do not want to pay again just to close the store

0 Likes
Eunice
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
237 39 35

Hey, @Jstar25 

Welcome to the Community!

If you're on the Pause and Build plan you will still have access to your Shopify admin. You can close your store by following these instructions after logging into your store as normal.

If you don't have access to your admin, and you're prompted to choose a plan when you log into your store then you'll be on the Full Pause plan. To close your store you will need to contact Shopify Support via chat, callback, or email through the Shopify Help CenterThis video clip shows you how to access the chat and email option. If you would prefer to speak with someone over the phone, please log in to your store when prompted to view the callback option. For the fastest support, I recommend selecting the chat option.

It's good to note that while I was able to help the original author of this thread with their store closure, we no longer have the capability to offer account-specific support via the Community at this time. 

I hope this all helps, if you run into any difficulty please let me know.

Thanks for choosing Shopify and all the best with your future endeavors! We hope to see you again sometime. 

Cheers!

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes