How to collaborate with non profit ? Add a donation button ? Ect ?

Solved
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
902 0 58

Hey guys so my niche is dog beds. Check it out www.blingdogbeds.com I am looking for an animal shelter or animal non profit too team up with so i can do like some kind of donation with every sale. Like for every dog bed we sell we donate like $3 bucks or something lol, i am very new to this but i think you get the idea. I know it can be done i just need to know how to do it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 132

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Anonymous !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you, and nice work on your store so far. 

It's great that you are looking to team up with a non-profit organization. This is a great way to give back and to engage in a case that you and your brand care about in a meaningful way. As well as this, studies spanning an 18 year trend have also shown that 94% of consumers assessed were likely to switch brands, equal in price and quality, to one that supports a social issue. You can read more on this here. This offers some real win-win potential, as well as doing some some good to support social causes.

While you may indeed be able to team up with some of our Community members, you may also like to consider an app to help with this

Do feel free to have a look, and of course you can always reach out if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
902 0 58

Thank you sooo much Katy. This really help me out. I did not know it was this simple WOW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 132

You're very welcome, @Anonymous. Happy to help you out! 

All the best,

Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

hi

Most of these are for US charities only. We are a shop based in the UK for Boston Terrier accessories and we would like to get donations for a UK based charity.

www.bostonterriers.co.uk is our shop. Are there any apps that help get donations for UK charities?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 132

Hi, @lolasbostonshop !

Thanks so much for joining in here. I do understand where you are coming from, and can see that the apps listed are predominantly linked with US based charities. I have taken a look into this for you to try help source some potential app options for you in the UK.

One option is the Share the Love app by W3. This does not place the donations to selected charities on your behalf, but instead it allows you to offer your customers the option to donate a % or specific amount of their order to a selected list of charities - predefined by you, the store owner. This is an example of how this might look on the cart page:

10-25-1i8kh-7vq4i

The app then calculates the amount (pending donation), as well as keeping track of stats and reporting in the app dashboard within your Shopify admin. They have some more info on this here as well as a FAQ page too. 

Easy donation is another app which operates in a similar way. In addition, it also includes the option to send a donation receipt via email to your customers following their purchase. 

Based on the initial query in this thread, the options here seems to fit the brief.  Albeit a more minimalist solution, I am not sure if this would work for you? Another option would be to reach out to some of the other app developers directly, to see if they would be able to sync up with charities based in the UK. For example Round Up for Charity offer the option to do so here.

Alternatively if the above options do not suit, or if you prefer something different you may like to work with some of our community members here, or to hire a Shopify Expert to help custom build a solution instead. 

I hope this helps to point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

And what about this kind of donation when company donates few percents from the buyer's cart and converts donated money into sanitary pads for social initiatives? What app could you recommend?

For example, buyer spends 20 euros and at the checkout before the payment appears the message like "You have donated 2 sanitary pads for social projects".

I hope it is clear.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Katy, 

Don't know if you will get this. I am building store for an membership based org that is not a nonprofit. It does, however, solicit and accept donations and I want to add a donation option at the check out cart. All of the Shopify apps I have seen seem to direct the donation to a specific charity and issue a tax receipt. Is there an app that will just allow for, for instance, a $5 donation to our org when the customer is buying a tee shirt. Hope this makes sense. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi GetLoud, I’ve been developing a similar concept. I’d love to get your thoughts on an early beta. Can you drop me an email ben@aviativeconsulting.com and maybe we can work together?
0 Likes