How to communicate a shipping delay/blackout

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, My business partners and I will both be away from our merchandise for a span of three weeks. We would like to let customers know that purchases made after X DATE will be shipped before Y DATE. Where and how can we include message during their purchase and check out? Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Under settings you would click checkout on the left hand column.

You can add a message to your customers for the “Thank You” page by scrolling down until you see “Order Processing” the last setting is titled “Additional Content and Scripts”. Here you would write your message.

I hope I helped! 

<!--EndFragment-->

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Also if you would like to send them an email about the delay you can edit your customer notification emails. under "settings" and "notifications"

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you, Rebecca! I was sort of hoping that there would be a solution that would communicate this BEFORE they process their order rather than on the Thank you page but this should be fine. Thank you for getting back to me to quickly. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Amy!

Have you considered temporarily changing your homepage to let customers know about the shipping blackout right off the bat? It might encourage them to make a purchase immediately instead of shopping around :)

Laura

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 6

Hi,

Sorry to bring this backup, but it's totally related.

Is there a specified motivation template for shipping delays? There seems to be only a "shipping updates" template.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Likes