How to complain about a vendor?

Highlighted
2 0 2

Is there any way for a customer to report a vendor to Shopify for not delivering product & poor CS?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
327 32 71

Hi, @Hatman63

Julie, here from Shopify Support. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with a specific vendor. Is this a vendor from AliExpress, perhaps? If so, AliExpress is a completely separate entity from Shopify. However, they do have a Buyer Protection program you can use to file a claim against a vendor. If this isn't an AliExpress vendor, please let me know and I'd be happy to offer a few suggestions on next steps. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2
"COMPFY SHIRTS"
Product not delivered after more than 6 weeks. More than a dozen emails
back and forth asking for a refund due to non delivery. They keep
telling me to just wait a few more days over & over again. Extremely
dissatisfied with their CS. Still no product and no refund.

Thanks for any help
Brad
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
327 32 71

Thanks for the additional info, Brad. It sounds like you've instead ordered a product from an online store.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had this issue. I should clarify that Shopify does not have our own vendors; we just provide businesses with the technology they need to run their online stores. As such, our merchants are completely independent and they are responsible for running their business (fulfilling orders, etc.) - we don't ship or manage the stores’ inventory or orders. 

We absolutely understand that it's frustrating to have an online order fall through and we do, however, have a detailed FAQ to help you with the next steps.

I hope this clears things up!  

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Hi. I am agree with the fact that you are not responsable with the how busineses running the activity trough Shopify. But you need to consider that you offer them all the posibilities to promote an sell (and take our money as customers) their products. In this case, is convinient to pay 30-40 usd/month for all the tools that shopify can give you, to scam all the people out there. 

I have the same situation. I bought an online product (not physical) and is not working. The vendor doese not  answer me to any communication channel. My money are gone, my product doesen't work, the vendor is happy because he scams me and Shopify is happy because have an active subscription from a scam vendor.

There must be a way to fix this. Is it necessary to open a new thread on this topic?

Thank you! 

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi Julie! I've got a vendor I'd like to file a complaint against. I placed my order 3 months ago and never received my order. I've been fighting with the store owner to get a refund and he just keeps lying to me. What's the best way to get action taken against the store owner?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
327 32 71

Hi, @laurentiuszabo and @Dabmtntom.

I can completely understand the frustration and stress in having to face these types of issues with your online orders. While we do our best to take action against fraudulent stores using our platform, we also strongly encourage customers like yourselves to report these instances to our team for an internal review.

Creating a new thread won't be necessary. Instead, for next steps, including how to submit a complaint for a specific store, please refer to our detailed FAQ. Once your report has been submitted, it will be automatically sent to a specialized team for review, and they will be taking action as necessary.

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

As you can see, Shopify will not help you. They have a vested interest in stores staying online because this is their business model and how they profit.

I have evidence that demonstrates illegal activity for about half a dozen stores selling counterfeit items. Some have been reported over 15 times now and Shopify does nothing to stop the repeat infringement (This is illegal here in the US and a safe harbor exclusion with the right law firm).

I encourage you to send your complaints to the RCMP here. https://cyber.gc.ca/en/cyber-incidents  as I have. I have worked with them before and I know they will help me. Good luck to you.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
My email address is victoriasloan31@gmail.com I’m having a hard time getting any assistance on an order I placed 12 days ago from today January 1, 2020 I placed an order from paytonm.shopify.com I received confirmation that the order went through and was informed I would get an email and text message With updates on the shipment of my order I have not received anything nor have I received the order it cost me $120 and I have a bank statement where they took it off my debit card what can I do
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I have a big problem with a vendor called Knitfirst. I bought from them 2 blankets as Christmas gifts for my daughters, $91 each on December 21st. Orders # 5744 & 5745.
We received one only yesterday January 8th. The other God knows where it is! The disappointment is what we received has nothing to do with the description and picture they gave on the website. What we received is a piece of crap that I won’t buy even for $10 From a 99ć store. I emailed them, sent then message, called the number they have on their website, it’s a fake phone number that’s not in service and they didn’t reply to my request to return and get my full refund, nevertheless the less the other blanket that we didn’t receive to begin with. Another lie of theirs they said delivery between 7-12 days. The one we received yesterday was 17 on the way ,the other order is yet to be received if it will ever arrive! Now the question how can Shopify protect us from such Chinese vendors who operate from China and know that you can’t reach them? Can someone from Shopify answer to my complaint?
0 Likes