How to complain about a vendor?

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Please use the link I posted above to contact the police in Canada and file a complaint against Shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3
There are multiple fraudulent Shopify stores on Facebook! Often they’re using the name of a legitimate company to make it difficult to determine their authenticity. They offer fabulously cheap items, free shipping, use PayPal services and have wonderful ads for the products but they are a scam. I have sent notifications to Facebook and PayPal with no response. Shopify has created a new commercial monster- a method to quickly cheat under the guise of a legitimate entity!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

What they are doing is illegal in the United States. There are some lax commerce laws (especially when related to copyright) in Canada. I would suspect

this is why they are located there as well. Again, contact the authorities (RCMP) in Canada and make a complaint against Shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

That's not my point, here! Shopify needs to police itself and/or have some control over who gets on Facebook. What defines a legitimate storefront? Why not a Shopify license number? The platform is becoming the wild west! I will not buy anything anymore from a Shopify store and I have told many others the same.

3 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi there, I would also like to complain about a vendor. I ordered something from Henri's Toys back at the end of December and despite sending two emails to them directly and an email to a 'docpopshop', I have not heard back. 

How can this be resolved?

Samantha 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I need to report a fraudulent vendor using Shopify-how do I go about doing this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
https://www.wenran.store/pages/contact-us

Jannaxtonalf6989@gmail.com

Please block this individual indefinitely. They are a fraudster that keeps selling things they don’t mail our and using customer info to steal information. They close Shopify pages repeatedly and open new ones to continue their scam. A google search of the email will show how many pages they have fraudulently made.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 1 0

Attention Customers with Complaints!

Keep in mind Shopify only provides products and services to businesses (like mine)... just like a bank or home improvement box store or any other wholesaler or business to business provider. They are not an online retail marketplace where vendors sign up to showcase and sell their goods and services under their website and a name like some of the giant marketplaces out there. 

A company, again like mine, buys Shopify's products and services and we use those tools to create a website and eCommerce platform to sell our products and or services.  Just as a contractor may buy a box of nails and some wood from the local home improvement box store to build that deck in your yard.  If you hire a contractor to do a home improvement or repair... and there is an issue with the contractor... whatever the issue... do you go to the home improvement store to complain and tell them they should police what the contractors, and everyone else for that matter, does with the nails and wood or other tools they sell them?  Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

If you went to the grocery store and bought some milk and it is sour... do you go to the dairy farmer and complain? No, you don't.

If you paid a deposit for a wedding photographer and they went out of business before your wedding... do you complain to the manufacturer of the camera or film?  No, you don't.

If you go to a major retailer's website and order a blender... and you don't get it... do you go to the manufacturer and distributor of that blender to complain?  No, you don't.  Do you go to the retailer's bank and complain or complain to their accountant's office, the insurance company, the web-host, the janitorial company, the landlord of their warehouse or retail stores properties, etc?  No, you don't.  And if you did what would happen?  Nothing.  All those people service the retailer... they do not control the retailer's actions or lack of.

So what to do?

There are proper channels to make complaints about online stores.  Making complaints to whoever sells them the tools and resources to have an existence online is not one of them and will end up nowhere as they have no jurisdiction or control over that.  Same as the home improvement store has no control over how a contractor uses the nails they sold them.

If you ordered online... you probably paid with a secure payment option like credit card or online payment provider.  That should be your first place of action... Stopping or reversing the payment.  You should have an idea where the shop is located... contact their local district attorney's office, BBB or other consumer protection agencies.   There's a lot better places to complain where it will make a difference.  That's my point.

I wish you all good luck in recouping your losses... or taking actions against those bad vendors. 

Marianna

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

This store was up yesterday had FB ads all over the place - I foolishly placed an order - but today the store is aldreay gone?

eranado dot myshopify dot com

so it is obviously a fraud; the payment made through PayPal went to someone named Nguyễn Anh Dũng

I was at least smart enough to use a CC which I can dispute the charge as soon as it hits my account.  What does Shopify do to alert customers when there is an open and close fraud like this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 1 0

@Shell__T 

Again, it's not shopify's responsibility... plus how would they know?  They sell the TOOLS to create an ecommerce website. 

Read my above post.

0 Likes