How to consolidate SKUs into a single product page?

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 12

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to consolidate multiple SKUs into a single product page? So that the user can choose the version they need from one page.

Problem: I am selling phone cases. Each phone model is a unique product in my Shopify store. But this makes for a really clunky user experience when it comes to things like cross-sell recommendations and browsing. It would be a much better user experience to go to a single "iPhone Case" product page and choose the model they need.

Goal: I guess what I'm looking for is an app or product configuration that has some sort of parent/child relationship between a parent product (e.g. "iPhone Case") and the child products (e.g. "iPhone 11 Pro Max Case").

Please note: I am aware of Shopify's variant functionality. It will not work for my scenario, as far as I can tell. I need precise placement and scale of my graphics for each model, so I had to create a unique image for each phone size. The products in my Shopify store are automatically created by the Printful app. If I were to try to make a single "iPhone Case" product with all the size variants, it wouldn't be able to connect those variants to my Printful products to process the order.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
650 75 107

@friedmikey,

You can achieve this with customization using the collections and tags. I understand you just need some way to relate all variants, which you had separated as individual products due to other important considerations right?

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

To hire: email us at shopify@propero.in
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 12

Your understanding is correct. Is there a good article explaining your suggested solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
650 75 107

@friedmikey ,

This will be a custom solution where you need to essentially do 2 things: 

1) Identify the relationships between products and put them as tags in products. For example, all the child products of the 'iPhone Case' should have a tag called 'iPhoneCase' Once they are tagged they can be pulled into a custom collection 

2) When on the product page of this iPhone case, you need to iterate over all the product of this collection and render them for selection by the customer

Hope it helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

@Propero I'd love to talk to you in more detail about this, as it's exactly what I'm trying to solve. is there an way to set up a call? I would really appreciate the time! Feel free to also email me -- word@wordshirt.co. Looking forward to it!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
650 75 107

mailing you shortly