How to contact Shopify support via Chat?

Solved
JaniceT
2 0 0

Hi Shopify Community

Not sure if any of you face the same issue as me. I am trying to contact Shopify support, but was informed that they do not accept incoming messages. 

Everything has to be done via their Shopify Help Center.

And that's where I am very frustrated. 

When I go to their Shopify Help Center, scroll all the way down of the page and click Contact Shopify support, it Does Not immediately direct me to a page where I can do live-chat with Shopify Support staff, or raise ticket issue to the Shopify Support.

Instead, I get re-directed to "Select a Shop" webpage.

I clicked on the Active Store, and get directed to a "Contact Support" page with the option of "Explore the Shopify Help Center" button and the "Visit the Shopify Community" button.

I clicked on the "Explore the Shopify Help Center" button and it re-directed back to the Shopify Help Center; so I am back to Square One.

It's like going round and round in circle and no way to get hold of any Shopify Support to assist. Very maddening and frustrating.

Would greatly appreciate it if anyone in this community can advise how to get hold of them directly (via live chat and/or raise support ticket) instead of going round in circles with no solution in sight.

Many Thanks in Advance!

Janice

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1040 121 165

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @JaniceT.

Welcome to the Community. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble contacting support, but thank you for the detailed steps of your process; I know exactly where the missing link is! 

On the “Contact Support” page, there is a prompt at the top of the page above the Community and Help Center options to search for a topic so that you can be connected to the appropriate support teams. It looks like this:

21-05-3waxr-bi5vz

Once you type in your reason for contacting support, and click Search, you’ll be provided with articles from our Help Docs that may be able to help you with your issue. However, if they don’t provide a solution, please continue to scroll down past the Docs where you’ll see a green button to Continue to support. This is where you should then see the options for email, live chat and phone callback (if there’s a spot available).

What are you needing a hand with? If it’s something that doesn’t require immediate attention, or account access to resolve, I may be able to assist you here. Feel free to let me know, and I’d be happy to guide you in the right direction.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
JaniceT
2 0 0

Hi Helen

Thanks for offering to assist. I've finally manage to get hold of the Support Advisor after going through the pages repeatedly. So my issue has been sorted.

Stay Safe!

Cheers,
Janice

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1040 121 165

That’s great to hear, @JaniceT. I’m happy your issue has been resolved. If I can help with anything else, please let me know.

All the best!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes