How to contact support?

Solved
Elearah
Tourist
9 1 0

Hi,

I posted today a question regarding change of ownership and added that I thought it was better to be dealt with via support. @g33kgirl kindly responded with a link that lead to a page that promised chat and email. So I accepted the solution.

Now when I gathered additional information to actually chat, I entered a Mary go Round with no access to any real support.

I then went to the Facebook page and asked via message for an email. They gave me support@shopify.com

I sent an email with the detail of the situation and now I receive an answer saying that shopify doesn't use that email anymore and to use the chat/email page, which is not working.

Is it any channel available?

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 67 109

Hi, @Elearah!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a negative experience contacting our support team. I've outlined the steps below, but if you're still having issues, please let me know where you're getting stuck and I'll do my best to help out.

To contact our support team, first head to https://help.shopify.com/en/questions and log into your store. Once you've logged in, you'll be prompted to ask about a topic:

Doing this will present you with links to relevant documentation on our Help Center, but there will also be an option to contact us directly if you require further help:

Clicking on this button at the bottom will then present you with the different support options available such as a callback, live chat or email.

If you don't yet have a Shopify store or are unable to login, you can choose the "Continue without logging in" option at the start and continue through the same process.

I'll also make sure I pass on some feedback around our Facebook team providing you with the incorrect email address.

Thanks.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Elearah
Tourist
9 1 0

Hi Miles,

thanks for the fast and clear response. I recorded a very fast video showing you what it looks like from my side. I'm using Brave browser, maybe that's the issue? I will check with Mozilla. Unfortunately I don't use Chrome.

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 67 109

Hi, again @Elearah!

Thanks so much for the screenshot. This is certainly unexpected behaviour with the looping of the login page. The only suggestion I can make is to try clearing your cache or as you mentioned, see if a different browser is working. I'll log this issue with our team to let them know it's not working on the Brave browser so we can look at providing a fix.

At this stage, the following browsers are supported by Shopify:

• Google Chrome
  • Mozilla Firefox
  • Apple Safari
  • Microsoft Edge
  • Opera
  • Apple Safari for iOS
  • Google Chrome for Android

You can learn more about our browser requirements and fixes here: https://bit.ly/3djTRtZ.

Please let me know how you go about it!

0 Likes
Elearah
Tourist
9 1 0

Hi @Miles 

thanks for the fast and detailed response again. I followed the instructions, and, just in case, I chose a browser I knew was clean--because I never use it--: Microsoft Edge.

Unfortunately the problems persist.

I yet shoot another fast video showing you the situation.

(I only need an email, can I have an email, please?)

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 67 109

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Elearah!

We don't have direct emails you can contact us on, so you do need to contact us via the contact page.

I did notice one step you did wrong. When you click the active shop, you're presented with a search bar but you click "Explore Help Center". Instead of this, type something into the search bar and then scroll down and you'll see the correct button to contact support.

I've also made a video showing you how this looks.

This should help solve the problems and you'll be able to contact us. Thanks!

0 Likes
Elearah
Tourist
9 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Miles 

ok, that worked. Finally I have an open ticket.

Thanks for working with me through the issues. Highly appreciated.

0 Likes