How to contact support

Highlighted
1 0 0

I started a shop a year ago where I paid for a domain. I abandoned and deleted the shop page after a few days. I've since forgotten the email password I used for the account. I've been emailed from Shopify on this email that I am about to be auto-renewed. I can't find any way to contact Shopify to cancel it. If I go to log into the account it prompts a code sent to the email I no longer have access to. I can't find any way to contact support without a shop linked to my current email. How do I get ahold of them to cancel the auto-renew?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1298 128 335

Hey there, @Will386 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. If your store has been fully closed you will not be charged for this auto-renewal. We are unable to charge a card after the final invoice upon closure- the card will not allow for it at this time. I would, however, like to take a look at your store in particular so that I can be 100% that your store is fully closed to prevent this domain from being renewed (the automatic email that was sent does not account for store closures) and so I will be reaching out to you directly via email to verify your details. 

As for contacting Shopify Support, ff you go to this page and click Contact Support you will be prompted to either login or continue without a store. Once you have selected an option you will be asked to ask about a topic. Search for your query and relevant help docs will populate as well as the option to proceed to live chat or email. You can also reach our Support team @ShopifySupport on Twitter or through Messenger on Facebook here

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes