How to contact support?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

Hello to every one,

I'm trying to contact Shopify but it seems no option is available to send an email, contact by phone, let alone through live chat. 

Anyway, in case Shopify support is reading this, I do have an issue with adding a domain to my in-development Shopify store. Previously, this domain was used by the previous owner, but now I'm creating a new Shopify store for it and I want to use this domain. 

How can I proceed?!

Thanks in advance,

Alvin

Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 11.46.32 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
819 91 147

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble contacting our live support. Have you tried this method

In terms of what to do about this domain, the domain owner would need to verify with us that they have ownership of the domain. They would need to send us a screenshot from their domain host dashboard displaying their email address and the domain itself: 

Either the account owner can contact support to request that the domain is freed from the old store, or you can share the MyShopify URL for their new store, where the domain owner is also the account owner, I can email them asking for them to send along this information. 

Let me know your thoughts!

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

Hi, That's what I call a great support response.

In fact, I heard some noise from people, especially on social media, complaining about Shopify support. Still, I think to contact support you should not need a video guide to tell you how to do it lol.

Anyway, going back to my issue, I'm not sure how can I prove the ownership for my domain, here is a screenshot for my Cloudflare account. Also, I can put a TXT code on the DNS settings to prove the ownership.

I want to connect this domain to my currently in development store on "1kuti-com.myshopify.com". Let me know

Again thank your detailed response

Alvin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
819 91 147

Hi Alvin,

thanks for that. Could I ask you to respond to the email I just sent you?

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

Thank you. I have managed to solve the issue after the Shopify team fixed manually the domain. I got my trust again in Shopify support team.

All the best,

Alvin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
819 91 147

That's great to hear, Alvin. Glad to have helped. All the best!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Its hard to get in touch with shopify , domain not working , can't see store , cant edit store, don't know what to do, without support its useless.....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
819 91 147

Hi @wwha! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble contacting our live support. Have you tried this method of contacting our support

Alternatively, I'd be happy to try to assist you here. What is the MyShopify URL for the store in question?

Is your domain a third party domain? Have you ensured that you have the correct A and CNAME records installed in your third party domain dashboard? You can read about that here

0 Likes