How to create a "Free just pay shipping" promotion for one item??

Highlighted
2 0 0

If anyone could help me with this, I'd REALLY appreciate it!!!!  I've been working on this all day (actually for weeks lol) but can't seem to figure it out.

I'm trying to set up a promotion on my store for just one item that sells for $0, but the customer just has to pay shipping.

I have hundreds of other products in my jewelry store.  My products don't go by weight for shipping, but instead I've set a blanket $3 shipping for all my products on the shopify shipping settings.  I've set up other blanket shipping options, such as $15 for all international shipping rates, $25 for 2-day and $40 for next day shipping.

It sounded like such a simple task at the on set, espeically when someone told me that the app "Better Shipping" could solve my problem, but it's just been absolutely impossible to do!

I've tried to use Better Shipping, juggling around various options and combinations, but just can't quite get it to work for me.  Better shipping doesnt seem to have international rates either.  I'm so frustated - can anyone suggest an app or something I can do to make this work?  Huge thank you in advance!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 11

Why don't you just set the price for that product to $0 and then it's "Compared to price" to its original price? The product will become free and your blanked shipping prices are still the same.

Am I missing something here?

Digital Marketer / Co-Foudder at Madotta
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
27 0 4

Hi there Melanie! 

My name is Mark, part of the Shopify support team here! 

Another option that may be useful is setting a very specific weight to the 'free' product and creating a shipping rate based specifically on that products weight, so that only that product will trigger the rate to be displayed at checkout. 

This option should work well, especially considering the rest of your rates aren't based on weight.

I hope that this helps! 

1 Like
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi,

This works just fine if customers only buy the free + shipping item, but if they purchase an other item with free shipping, then the free + shipping item will be for free.

This is very complicated and conflicting with each other. I also need help with this.

ps.: I had everthing configured to grams but still wont work

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there everyone!!

I am also having the same problem!

I have 3 free items, just pay shipping

and free shipping all over items in whole store...

and just can't set this properly

If someone add a item that has free shipping and one free item

it all gets mess up and the free item also gets free shipping

before I added free shipping in all items was working well

I am sorry for the confusing post 

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks a lot

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Free shipping

0.0 kg – 0.0 kg

Free

1 Free + shipping

0.1 kg – 0.1 kg

$9.75

2 Free + shipping

0.2 kg – 0.2 kg

$19.50

3 Free + shipping

0.3 kg – 0.3 kg

$29.25

4 Free + shipping

0.4 kg – 0.4 kg

$39.00

5 Free + shipping

0.5 kg – 0.5 kg

$48.75

6 Free + shipping

0.6 kg – 0.6 kg

$58.50

7 Free + shipping

0.7 kg – 0.7 kg

$68.25

8 Free + shipping

0.8 kg – 0.8 kg

$78.00

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Ghita! thanks for reply

I did this and worked parcialy

I am now having problems at checkout, when people hit the shipping method its correct

when hit the payment method, mess up

and it shows the price withoud the shipping cost (for the free item)

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
34 0 2

The app we develop, Advanced Shipping Rules, allows you configure different rates for different groups of products, and will help you to set up products as free + shipping, as well as maintain your normal product shipping rates. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
117 0 12

Hey guys if you are looking for more free information on digital marketing checkout my facebook page www.Facebook.com/JarrettBelliveau I have done a few million on online sales over the last few years and don't charge anything for my content. I got fed up with all of these coaches scamming you guys for $5000 for a program that "makes you money" so I decided I will post all of my knowledge for free for you guys! My back ends are all on shopify and I show all of my numbers! Hopefully this helps!

You guys are buying programs from people who haven't done anything. They don't show you thier numbers or anything all they do is rent a lambo and air bnb a house... Check out my page im just starting it up and will be posting daily if all goes well! www.facebook.com/JarrettBelliveau 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Why not just use a promo code deducting the price of that item? Then just make sure you set flat rate shipping during the promotion, or free shipping after x amount. Why do so many people manipulate the weight? Is there a reason for that?

0 Likes