Solved

How to create custom payment gateway

Chicho
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi There,

I try to find any other way to create a custom payment gateway due to Shopify's currently not accepting new access requests for the Hosted Payment SDK.
Is it possible to create payment gateway app in Shopify? Because I found this payment gateway which provided by setup using integration in apps section.

Please let me know if you guys have any solutions.

Thanks!!

Accepted Solution (1)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Chicho,

Hank here from Shopify.

I would not be too familiar with that payment gateway, but I would always advise caution as the payment gateway you use, controls the finances that your store generates. Anything outside of Shopify payments is considered third-party, so we would not be able to assist you with any issues that may occur using these gateways.

You are correct in saying that we have paused accepting hosted payment SDK's but more information should be coming in 2021 about this, but we still have a wide number of payment gateways for you to choose from, wherever you are based in the world here.

Perhaps more members of the community can share their experiences with you for some value, but let me know if you have any additional questions.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 15 (15)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Chicho,

Hank here from Shopify.

I would not be too familiar with that payment gateway, but I would always advise caution as the payment gateway you use, controls the finances that your store generates. Anything outside of Shopify payments is considered third-party, so we would not be able to assist you with any issues that may occur using these gateways.

You are correct in saying that we have paused accepting hosted payment SDK's but more information should be coming in 2021 about this, but we still have a wide number of payment gateways for you to choose from, wherever you are based in the world here.

Perhaps more members of the community can share their experiences with you for some value, but let me know if you have any additional questions.

All the best,

Hank

Chicho
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi @Hank ,

Thanks for your reply.
In this case we are financial company who want to create a custom payment gateway for Shopify, that's why I asked if you have any suggestion how that payment gateway can do that.

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Thank you for the additional context.

I'm afraid I have no further information because as I mentioned currently there is a pause on the acceptance of hosted payment gateways. But my suggestion would be to save that page, as it will be updated once the team has further information into any potential adding of payment gateways to Shopify.

I appreciate your interest in wanting to offer this to our Merchants and thank you for your understanding.

Not applicable

@Hank Thanks for the update happy we stumbled on this post.

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

You are very welcome, @Anonymous!

I'm glad to hear that you got a benefit from this post!

tstolk
Tourist
3 0 1

This was helpful for me, as well. Just so that I'm understanding 100%, I, being a company operating in the U.S. to customers in the U.S., do not have a Payment Gateway option at this time but I can stay-tuned for updates on this. Do I have this right? 

Ultimately, I wanted the option to pre-sell items that will be delivered in about 6 to 8 weeks and have the customer's charged at time of shipment, not at checkout. Is there another solution I'm not aware of?

Thanks, man. I appreciate your help!

Tim

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Great to hear from you, @tstolk!

The above is just in reference to those wanting to create their own custom payment gateway for Merchants to use in Shopify.

For Merchants just wanting to select payment gateways, there are lists of these providers depending on your country that give you different options. As you based you are in the United States, I have this list here that gives you an option of many different payment gateways for use within your store!

That page I shared above is simply for those wanting to integrate their own, so you are free to use the already approved choices available for you.

Ceri-Waters
Shopify Partner
97 5 29

HI @Hank is there any news on this yet?

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Ceri-Waters

This is Rae from the Shopify team. I'm helping out my colleague Hank with this thread. 

At this time, we're still not accepting new access requests for our Hosted Payment SDK. However, if we do have any new information to share on this in the future, we'll update this page, as well as our changelog with more details, so please make sure to check out both of those resources. 

Thank you for checking in on this, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Best, 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Ceri-Waters
Shopify Partner
97 5 29

HI @Rae,

Thanks for the quick response.

Bit of a long shot

Do you know if there's any other way to get "written authorisation" to create a non-public (Custom) App which provides an alternative payment method?

The Terms & Conditions update in January made it non-compliant for custom Apps too. (Shopify API Terms Section 2.3.18). There's mentions of "Payment Gateway Developer" in the Partner Terms but no way of being certified to do so. (And we're nearly 6 months into the year too)

Thanks,
Ceri.

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Ceri-Waters

I appreciate you following up on this. 

This isn't currently possible, as per our API terms and conditions outlined here. However, I recommend subscribing to our Partner changelog here to receive updates on this feature as soon as they're released. 

Thanks, 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

azahinnordin
Shopify Expert
2 0 0

Hi,

Is there any update on this? I really hope there is as we have tried to apply for the past 18 months. I partnered with one of the biggest payment gateway companies in Malaysia, and we would like to be on shopify. Is there any way we can work this out ?

Ceri-Waters
Shopify Partner
97 5 29

Hi @azahinnordin  Shopify have announced a new Payment Gateway API coming up. Public Apps only however, details are here: https://shopify.dev/apps/payments/creating-a-payments-app

azahinnordin
Shopify Expert
2 0 0

Does that mean, it's now available?

Ceri-Waters
Shopify Partner
97 5 29

@azahinnordinread the documentation, not yet likely Q3 this year.