How to create "Featured" Collection?

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello all, I am new to the Ecommerce business and trying to learn everything I can. I came across a problem I am not sure if I just can't see a solution in front of my face or it does not exist. 

On my website, using the theme Brooklyn, I want to create an automatic collection of items based on the best selling items. I tried to create an automatic collection but i see no way to fill that collection based on "Best selling" items, or most looked at items. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it! 

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
129 19 28

Hi, @SquiddyInk.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

When you're creating an automated collection, you need to set at least one condition in order to pull in products. Once products are added, you can sort them so that the best selling products appear first on the collection page, but there isn't a condition that will automatically pull in best-selling products only. Depending on the number of products in your inventory, you could set a condition that allows all in-stock products to appear, then sort based on best-selling items that way:

18-06-cpqsk-s6lua

If you have a larger inventory or want to alter the collection so that it only displays a limited number of best selling products, this may be possible within your theme code. I recommend contacting a Shopify Expert to help out with customizations there. If any other store owners, developers, or Experts here in the community have advice on the coding that could be used in this situation, please don't hesitate to add to the thread!

There is an app called Best Sellers by Country which tailors the best sellers list to your customer depending on their location. This would be particularly helpful if you sell to multiple regions. Alternatively, you could create a manual collection based on the sales reports in the Analytics section of your admin and update it weekly or monthly, for example. With a manual collection, you can still choose to sort the products by "Best selling", so it'll just be a matter of adding the number of products you want to feature based on your sales reports.

Please let me know what you think of these options and whether you have any questions!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes