How to customize the gift card for the customer?

Brody_Hatch
Tourist
36 0 2

I am looking to customize this page when the customer selects and receives the link to a gift card.... 

ALSO! When I ISSUE a gift card, how do I edit that card as well? 

THanks! 

0 Likes
Pasilobus
Shopify Expert
189 0 17

You can customize the email on notifications tab in store settings.

Here is the doc for you to personalize your gift cards

http://docs.shopify.com/manual/your-store/gift-cards/customize-look-and-feel-of-gift-cards

Pasilobus, Inc - Shopify Experts - Contact us at support@pasilobus.com
Brody_Hatch
Tourist
36 0 2

Thank you so much Uurcan!

0 Likes
Brody_Hatch
Tourist
36 0 2

New question to this: 

In the preview there is an outer box colour that doesn't match our store theme. I'd prefer it to be red as opposed to the blue... how do I change that? I could be wrong, but I believe it has to do with this code:

{% assign code_size = gift_card.code | format_code | size %}
                  <div id="gift-card-code-outer" class="{% if code_size <= 25 %}large{% elsif code_size > 25 and code_size <= 30 %}medium{% else %}small{% endif %}" onclick="selectText('gift-card-code-digits');">
                    <div id="gift-card-code-inner">
                      <strong id="gift-card-code-digits">{{ gift_card.code | format_code }}</strong>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </div>

0 Likes
Brody_Hatch
Tourist
36 0 2

image of what I am talking about here:

0 Likes
TFSO
Tourist
3 0 2

I want to add to the text underneath the voucher image ("use this code at checkout...") but i cannot find it anywhere in the template code. I also need to change my Voucher image, i followed the tutorial posted in this forum but the image did not display. Wondering if anyone has any tips for either of these issues? Thanks so much!

0 Likes
emerel96
Excursionist
13 0 6

Hi, I know this is a really old post, but any chance you managed to solve this?

Would love to know

TFSO
Tourist
3 0 2

unfortunately not!

@emerel96 wrote:

Hi, I know this is a really old post, but any chance you managed to solve this?

Would love to know

whatlivmakes
3 0 0

Hey guys,

You can edit this in languages - under Online Store>Themes>Actions>Edit Languages 
Then find gift cards and edit 

0 Likes
ericscott
1 0 2

I was able to follow the developer documentation to update the image that displays on the gift card page. Worked great! But does anyone know how to update the image in the email that gets sent to the customer when a gift card is sent?