How to delete Shopify locked account when trial ends?

Highlighted
Explorer
58 0 11

I have another Shopify account but it has been locked out because my trial ran out

How can I delete the account if I can not access the back end of the store?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
381 31 53

Hey, @jayboogie!

Ash here from the Shopify team.

Thank you for reaching out with your question! I'm happy to help out. When the free trial ends, if no plan is selected then the account will go into the frozen state. A frozen account is essentially closed, but can be re-activated upon selecting a plan and adding billing information to the account. If you no longer wish to use the account, then you can simply leave it in the frozen state, and it will eventually be marked as a dead shop and the information will be removed from the platform. 

Let me know if you have any further questions about this, and I'll be happy to help out. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Ash. i want to use my email to a different shopify account. by shopify wont let me use my email because i created a store long time back with that email. how do i delete my email from the store that i dont even use and the trial has ended

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
381 31 53

Hey, @JayGee!

There should be no issues using the same email address to create a new account on Shopify. In order to sign up for a new account with the same email address you used previously, head over to this page here and click the button that says "Start Free Trial". The system shouldn't stop you from entering a previously used email address when signing up, but if that is the case, please take a screenshot of any error messages you get and reply here to show me. 

Looking forward to hearing back! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Ash!

Happy to have found you here. My trial account just expired yesterday and I want to continue it with a plan. Unfortunately, I can't recover it now even with a password.

When I tried to log in several times it would go to a window that says 'there's a problem loading this page.' So how can I select a plan to be able to continue if I cant access my account?

Thank you.

Dang 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
381 31 53

Hey, @DangBisck!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community, and to this thread! 

Once a trial expires, you should be able to continue with the account by logging into the account and selecting a plan. It sounds like you're running into an error message though, so let's try some troubleshooting steps. Could you please try the following steps and reply back here to let me know if this resolves the issue: 

• Check your browser for any available updates and complete them if able
  • Clear your browsers cache and cookies (https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic)
  • Access your shop in a private / incognito browsing session and try again
  • Try in an alternate browser and complete the above steps again
  • Try on an alternate device and complete the above steps again

If the issue persists after trying the above, please take a screenshot of the error you're getting and send it over in your reply here. I hope to see everything work out as expected! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Ash!

It worked! Thanks for the help appreciate much.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
381 31 53

Hi, @DangBisck!

I'm so glad to hear this worked out for you! Let me know if you need any further assistance going forward. We're always happy to help out.

1 Like