How to delete Shopify store after trial period

dandii93
Tourist
3 0 1

I want to restart my Shopify store but the trial ended and now I cant access the account anymore. I want to use the shopify store name but i can not until the old store gets closed. please advice thank you

Replies 11 (11)

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. When your free trial period is up, the store automatically becomes frozen if you haven't opted to add your credit card details to your account in order for a paid subscription to start. You should be able to log in to the store using the MyShopify URL that you have used, and your password. It will prompt you then to choose a paid plan. I recommend starting with the basic plan, which is 29USD a month, while you get your store designed and set up correctly. 

Let me know how it goes and if there's anything I can do to assist. 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

dandii93
Tourist
3 0 1

I used my personal email for the shopify store and i would like to redo the whole website under the official company email but I need to use the store name.

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

Once you log back in using the original credentials, you can then, once you are logged in as the account owner, change the account owner's email address to whatever you wish. You can also change the legal name of the business. The only thing that cannot be changed is the MyShopify URL, which will always be the same. 

dandii93
Tourist
3 0 1

Once I log in, it goes straight to Your Free Trial has Expired. Please pick a plan. Is it possible to delete the MyShopify URL and start from scratch using the same URL? I made some errors with the information in the test shop but now would like to start again but this time for sure.

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

Yes, as your free trial is over you must pick a plan in order to continue the service. There is no way to delete the MySHopify URL, which is now associated with that account and will only ever be associated with that account. As I mentioned above, it cannot be altered. I suggest chatting to our live support team, and making a request for a small extension to your free trial, should you know a little more time to familiarise yourself with the Shopify platform. 

MHfarr
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Cal,

I have the same issue and I need to delete my store because of some mistakes I have there but my 14 days trial has been expired and I can't login to my admin anymore. I tried to contact your live support via email and chat but I got below page with error. I tried with different devices and browser but none of them worked.

Please help me regards this urgent matter.

Thanks,

Mahsa

error.jpg

minfo
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I am trying to delete my account but it won't let me proceed unless I choose a plan. How do I proceed? I have been trying to email Shopify by but I can't make any requests until I choose a plan. Please advise. 

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

Hi @minfo @MHfarr

Once your stores are frozen when a trial is up, your store is effectively closed and will not be billed further, unless you attempt to log back in and choose a plan, which is re-activating the store. 

Are you looking to regain access to your stores and start a bill plan with us? If you're looking to simply purge the store from our system, I'd suggest reaching out to our live support team, and choosing that you do not have a Shopify store on the help center. This will bypass the authentication process, and the advisor you chat to can manually authenticate you. 

I created a little video to show you step by step how you can contact our support team here without running into those troubles you were having. 

JohnR21
Visitor
1 0 0

I tried following the steps shown in your video but I get thrown in a loop by clicking "I don't have an account", searching for "cancellation", selecting "contact shopify support" and being redirected to the first login page where I, again, click "I don't have an account".

Kath37
Visitor
1 0 0

I want to cancelling all my account 

Jmoyo
Visitor
1 0 0

What I dont want the shop anymore but my trial i up and I want to remove my credit card