How to delete a paused store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I paused my store about a month ago and now want to delete it. Since the store is paused, I can't access the settings. The only page I see shows the different packages that I can purchase and the "delete" button at the end of that page does nothing. 

Does anyone have an idea?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @MakerDeli!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

When you've paused your store entirely, you're not able to access it in order to close it. To combat this, simply select a paid plan on the screen you see when you sign in. From there, you'll need to make a payment on the plan so you can access the store. Once you have access, you can go ahead and close the store. When the store is closed, you then need to reach out to the Shopify Support team who will be able to help you refund the payment you made to access your store again.

If you'd prefer to skip these steps, please let me know and I can email you to help you get started.

I'd love to understand why you're wanting to close your store. If you're struggling with something, or there's anything I can do to help out, please let me know.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks, Miles. It would be great if you could help without me activating the account again.

Store closure has nothing to do with Shopify or the current situation. It was a side gig that i don’t have enough time for anymore.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Miles

I have same situation... I paused months ago and want to delete my shop.

Can you help (or email) me not to take unnecessary steps like payment and refund?

Thanks.

Crisil

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Miles!

I paused my shop months ago and want to delete it.

Can you help (or email) me not to take unnecessary steps like picking a plan and then email to get a refund?

Thanks.

Julie

0 Likes