How to delete a paused store

Propelguru
Trailblazer
308 7 39

Here are the steps that you need to follow for deleting your account.

Step 1: Go to Settings

Step 2: Select Account

Step 3: Scroll down and click to Close store

Step 4: Enter your password and click Confirm

Step 5: Select the reason and choose Close

0 Likes
trellart-ltd
1 0 0

Hi,

I have the same situação. My account is paused and I would like to delete it as I am no longer running the business.

Once you are not really reachable (you don't have a chat and the email I sent today "bounced back" saying that you no longer help via email.) Can I please have my account deleted without having to pay a plan and ask for refund? 

Many thanks

Larissa

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 66 107

Hi, everyone!

At this stage, you're not able to close a store on Paused plan without reactivating it first. The reason for this is that while you are on the Pause plan, you can't access your Shopify admin, work on your store, or sell to customers.

If you do wish to close your store while you're on the paused plan, please follow these steps:

1. Log into your store.
  2. Select the cheapest plan option.
  3. Make payment to reactivate your store.
  4. Go to Settings > Plan and Permissions and close your store.

You'll then be able to contact Shopify Support to request a refund. Please note: your store will need to be closed before contacting support. We are unable to close your store for you and can only assist with a refund.

For more information around the Pause plans and closing your store, check out this guide: https://bit.ly/3ayIYDo.

Thanks.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
preciosoofficia
1 0 0

Hi, @Miles !

As you told, I just deleted my paused store. I hope you can help me get the refund I made to access your store again.

Thanks!

0 Likes
frozentundra
1 0 0

Hi, I've just followed the steps you provided to reactivate and then close the store before contacting support. As I suspected, I can't contact support now without an active store (as was the case while the store was paused). Can you please post a link or details on how to contact support to request a refund? This process is incredibly frustrating.

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 66 107

Hi, @frozentundra.

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and click "Continue without logging in".

From there you'll need to type your request into the search bar, scroll past the results and you'll see a link to contact the support team. Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Simonetta
1 0 0

Hi I paused my store, now I want to close it. I read about selecting a payment method and then requesting a refund. I want to avoid that. Please help me. I sincerely don't want to ask for a refund I just want my store closed. Thanks.

0 Likes