How to delete all options of a product ?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi,

I have a product of 1 variant with 1 option (color). 
As there is only 1 color, I would like to remove it so the user doesn't have to choose the only color.. this has non sense and is an extra click. 

In Edit options, for any reason, I don't have the little delete button next to my color option. 
If I add a second option, then this button appear for both options.. but as soon as I delete one of them, the delete button disappears for the remaining option !

Has something changed ? I don't remember having this issue before.. 

Thank you !
Seb.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 69

Hey Seb, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

I'd definitely like to help get to the bottom of this. Using the trash icon next to each variant would be the best way to remove them all, you can see that listed on this page in our Shopify Manual. That said, if you're seeing the trash icon disappear, you can try a different method. Can you try using the checkboxes next to each variant you want removed, then click on 'Actions'. In that drop down menu, you should see the option to remove the variant. It will look like this: 

Then just hit 'Save' and you'll be good to go! You might need to refresh the page for things to completely disappear. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

This helped, 2 years later. I thought it would delete the whole product when i clicked 'Delete Variant' but it didn't. It took off the 'Color' option that I didn't need. Thanks!

@Ann wrote:

Hey Seb, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

I'd definitely like to help get to the bottom of this. Using the trash icon next to each variant would be the best way to remove them all, you can see that listed on this page in our Shopify Manual. That said, if you're seeing the trash icon disappear, you can try a different method. Can you try using the checkboxes next to each variant you want removed, then click on 'Actions'. In that drop down menu, you should see the option to remove the variant. It will look like this: 

Then just hit 'Save' and you'll be good to go! You might need to refresh the page for things to completely disappear. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

0 Likes