Solved

How to delete app from inactive store?

gregsen
5 0 0

Hi there, 
I would like to delete my old inactive store or at least the apps I used in there, as some of them are now blocked for the actual store I want to work on.

Thanks in advance, 
gregsen

All done thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @gregsen,

Nick here from Shopify! 

To deactivate and remove the apps, you would need to log into your store to do so. Once logged in, you can remove the apps from the store you don't want. When you say the apps are blocked, do you mean, you have an account with the apps, but they are connected to one store and you want to connect them to your new store? 

You can see the help guide on uninstalling apps here. Something to remember when uninstalling is the following: 

29-10-puarc-3b5uo

If you are looking to close a store, you can find out how to do so from the guide here. It gives two options: 

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @gregsen,

Nick here from Shopify! 

To deactivate and remove the apps, you would need to log into your store to do so. Once logged in, you can remove the apps from the store you don't want. When you say the apps are blocked, do you mean, you have an account with the apps, but they are connected to one store and you want to connect them to your new store? 

You can see the help guide on uninstalling apps here. Something to remember when uninstalling is the following: 

29-10-puarc-3b5uo

If you are looking to close a store, you can find out how to do so from the guide here. It gives two options: 

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions! 

Mike797
Visitor
1 0 0

Nick, I have the same problem as him. Im pretty sure you misunderstood him. When the store is inactive we cant access it or log in to it to delete the store or delete the apps we want to delete. 

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Mike797,

While not ideal, the most efficient way to work around this is to sign up to a plan and get access to your store and then remove the apps and delete them from the store. While I can't gaurantee it, I advise to contact our support team directly and speak to one of our advisors to see if there's another way around this or if you do go this route. 

Please contact our support team and log in here to start that conversation. 

Mordaniel87
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi @Nick, I'm stuck like the 2 members above.
Is the only way to access my inactive store to pay the Shopify subscription?..
There's no point referring us to support as it drives a loophole; inactive stores don't seem to be qualified to support. So we're redirected back to the community forum. Can you pls assist?

Thanks,
Daniel

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Mordaniel87,

That's correct, the only way to access a store admin or the code of a store in any way is to be on a plan. Once you're on a plan you can contact the support team for further help with this.