How can I remove duplicate customer orders after migration?

dennishodges
Tourist
6 0 17

Hi, I uploaded customer information from Squarespace twice (I had some customer updates before I was ready to fully migrate to Shopify) and now have duplicated orders for my customers, which, of course inflates all of my metrics. How do I delete duplicate orders? Or is there another solution so I can get my customer information and shop metrics accurate, please?

Thanks!

Replies 4 (4)

pwili
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi! I contacted Shopify customer service because I made the exact same mistake except I was using Etsy. I was told to use Excelify, however their free demo version only allows to fix 10 duplicate orders (because of the mistake I made I now have almost 2,000 orders!!)... If someone has another solution, please let me know!! 🙂

Renars
Shopify Partner
284 31 332

Hello @pwili and @dennishodges 

Renars here from Excelify.

You sure can use Excelify to bulk delete your orders!
Here we do have an amazing tutorial on how to bulk delete Orders.

Indeed the free Demo plan will allow to import/export 10 Orders at a time to test how the process works. Once you know how to do it you can take a paid subscription plan to remove more orders in bulk.
You can check out our "Pricing" page to see what plan would fit your needs.

To delete 2000 Orders, you would be good with a Basic subscription plan which allows you to export and import 1000 Orders at a time. you just would need to use filters for your export to export data in batches of 1000.

If you have any more questions, please reach out to us directly by any means listed in our "Contact Us" page.

Matrixify | Bulk Import Export Update | https://apps.shopify.com/excel-export-import | https://matrixify.app
dennishodges
Tourist
6 0 17

Thank you @pwili and @Renars!

Great idea to resolve my issue. I don't have 2000 orders to sort out as we are a start-up. I just want to clean things up from the beginning so my metrics are accurate.

I'll check out Excelify - looks like it might be just what I need.

Thanks again!

Dennis

fashion99
Visitor
1 0 0

Great