How to delete multiple specific products?

Eljay
1 0 1

Is there an app or function of Shopify for deleting multiple products? I want to delete the 1,000 products that are low-demand (only selling once a month). If I will delete 1,000 products manually, one-by-one, it will take me approximately 15 hours. I can't afford to waste that much time. Also, I am running ads on my top 25 products so I can't afford to clear my inventory. Please help!

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
102 17 21

Hey, @Eljay!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting, and a very warm welcome to the Community!

I understand you are looking for a way to be able to delete specific products in bulk. Have you tried deleting multiple products at the same time using the bulk action tool? You can select more than 50 items using this method. If you no longer want to display a product, but don’t want to permanently delete it from your store, then you also have the option to archive the product instead.

Seeing as you have over 500 products, I suggest maintaining them through an app, it will save you so much time and effort being able to bulk edit variants all at once! I want you to have the option of running your business in the most efficient way possible.

I have found some fantastic apps that will provide this functionality for you:

If none of these suggestions work out, you can let us know and we'll be glad to see if we can find a better fit for you or you can go through the apps at our App Store here

As you continue to customize and further develop your store, have you looked at ways you can also optimize your product page for increased sales? We have a fantastic blog post here that provides some top tips! Your brand is important everywhere, from social media images to your post-sale emails, but it’s especially important on your product pages.

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.

Cheers!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes