How to delete store which is paused

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I wanna delete a paused store but can't seem to find a button to do so.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 8 11

Hey, @sunme 

Eunice here from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting!

I'm happy to walk you through how to close your store; is there a particular reason why you've decided to close? Giving up is a common feeling for any entrepreneur, even those that are well established. If it feels overwhelming, or if you're not making sales faster than you thought, it's easy to welcome the urge to give up. Before you close your store, I encourage you to check out our Resilient Retail Series where you'll find inspiring real stories of struggle and breakthrough. Also, try remembering why you started your store. Sometimes, that's the only encouragement you need to feel the love for your business again.

I'm now going to tell you how to close your store. But before we get started it's important to note that we have two different pause plans; the Pause and Build plan, and the Full Pause plan.

The Pause and Build plan allows you to pause your storefront and continue to work on your store for a reduced subscription fee, and the Pause Plan lets you completely pause your store for three months and pay no subscription fee. Do you know which plan your store is currently on?

If you're not entirely sure, you can check by logging in to your store admin. If you're able to log in successfully your store is likely to be on the pause and build plan, and you can continue to close the store as you would normally. But if you're not able to log in, and you're prompted to pick a plan to continue, then it's likely that your store is completely paused. In this case, you would need to contact Shopify Support to request closure. For ease, I've gone ahead and emailed you to help you with this. I look forward to hearing from you

Cheers!

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey @Eunice im having this exact same issue and was wondering if you could go into detail about how to delete a paused store on the full pause plan. Whenever I click the button to remove my store completely it just loads and then doesn't say anything. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

@Eunice 

I'm also on the full pause plan and I would like to close my shop without choosing a payment plan. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 8 11

Hi, @Jackson5 

If you're on the Pause plan you wouldn't have access to your store to close it. You can't access your Shopify admin, work on your store, or sell to customers while you are on the Pause plan. When you log in to your store are you seeing an option to pick a plan, or do you see your Shopify admin? 

If you see your admin and you're able to go to Settings > Plans and Permissions > Close Store then you're most likely on the Build and Pause Plan. In this instance, I recommend clearing your cache, cookies, and trying again. What you're describing isn't normal behavior when trying to close a store, so your browser might just need a clear-out and a refresh. 

If you're still having trouble closing your store after clearing cache and cookies don't hesitate to respond here.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 8 11

Hi, @Bec13 

It sounds like you're on the Pause plan because you're being asked to pick a plan when you log in to your store. To close your store you'll need our assistance so I've gone ahead and emailed you to help you with this.

I look forward to hearing from you!

0 Likes