How to disable customer account?

Solved
javadevmtl
Tourist
6 1 0

Hi, according to his: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/customers/customer-accounts#disable-a-customers-account

We can disable a customer account. When I go click on the Customer's account, at the bottom I only see a red "Delete Customer" button. How do we disable a customer?

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 66 108

Hi, @ javadevmtl!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. If a customer has an account, you'll see the option to disable it at the top of their customer profile. If they don't, you won't see this option and instead see a delete customer option. Here's a screenshot of where you can find the button:

27-06-t40a7-7kcdq

Once you've clicked the button, you'll be reminded that a customer will no longer be able to log in and you can then click "Remove account". A customer won't be notified of this removal and you'll need to send a new account invite for the customer to be able to create a new account.

If you're seeing something different to this, could you please let me know what you're seeing? Screenshots are also super helpful - but please make sure you don't show any sensitive customer information.

It sounds like you have a growing list of customers so I wanted to ask about your email marketing strategy. Do you currently market to your existing customers or those signed up via your website? If not, I highly recommend checking out some of the options we have to build a great email marketing campaign for your existing customers.

A great place to start is Shopify Email. From templates to tracking, Shopify Email gives you the tools to build lasting customer relationships. And with no experience needed, you’ll look like an expert right from the start. With Shopify Email, you can:

• Choose from ready-made designs
    • Save time with templates that automatically pull branding and products from your store.
  • Send from your domain
    • Build brand recognition at every customer touchpoint, starting with the inbox.
  • Manage your campaigns within Shopify
    • Use your dashboard to send, manage, and analyze all marketing activities.

To learn more about Shopify Email, check out our guide on how to set up Shopify Email.

If Shopify Email is not for you, please check out some of our popular email marketing apps below.

Seguno

• Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.
  • Email marketing right inside your Shopify Admin, Mobile App, and Marketing campaigns. Get started in minutes, no scripts or theme mods.
  • Built only for commerce, features like unique discount codes better personalize your marketing and grow revenue while protecting profits.

Klaviyo

• Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
  • Integrate your Shopify data with a single click. Klaviyo offers over 100 pre-built integrations with top e-commerce tools—no coding required.
  • Use all your e-commerce data to send targeted email and SMS messages that win new customers and keep them coming back.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
javadevmtl
Tourist
6 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hi thanks! Didn't realize we first had to send an account invite and then the customer has to accept the invite.

0 Likes