How to disable printing and Saving Images

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi all,

We have a site with a lot of custom artwork that we would like to protect from being printed and from folks doing a right click and saving as.  Has anyone tried adding CSS or JavaScript to prevent this?  Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Stefanie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 0 5

Hi Stefanie,

My name is Michael, I’m a Guru here with Shopify, thanks for getting in touch. :)

We have a handy app from our App Store that will allow you to prevent images from being downloaded from your site. It comes highly rated and there is a free trial with that app so you can try it out first before making a purchase to see if it's a good fit for your business needs. You can take a look at it here.

I hope this helps and best of luck with your Business going forward! :)

Kind Regards,

Michael O.

Shopify Guru.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Michael!  You totally rock!  This will help immensely.  

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!

Stefanie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
17 1 3

Hey Stefanie, there's another app that does exactly what you're looking for!

https://apps.shopify.com/disable-right-click

It disables the "Save as..." menu, keyboard shortcuts etc. Hope it helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @STEFANIE_WHALEY

There is Anti-Theft app that allows to prevent right click, copy and other actions that may allow to save images from your store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 3

Hello Stefanie,

I heard you! I understand how much hard work, money, and time is allotted in growing a brand to convert into sales. While you are investing in building your page's image, other brands take advantage of your original content.

That is why we created the UNIQUE APP. It is a powerful app that used high-tech AI that protects your private content. I have outlined why you must have UNIQUE

- It detects personal content copyright violations all over the internet.

- Creates full report related to the detection of the violation including the violator's information

- Performs automatic DCMA report to the platforms used and removes the stolen content

- Sends automated email warnings and requests to remove these contents

We have a lot to offer that will save you time, money, and protect your data! With UNIQUE, you can just focus on growing your business!

Check our reviews: https://apps.shopify.com/unique-anti-theft#reviews

0 Likes