How to display blog on shopify website Brooklyn theme

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hello everyone

I know this question was probably asked a lot, but I’m not finding an answer. 

How to display the link to a blog in the Brooklyn theme? When I look at the links to the website I only find 2, the catalog and the home page. I’d like to add a third link that says “blog” 

Thank you so much for your time! 

526F74EB-43F5-4FE7-BC31-87571A4DB396.jpeg

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
80 10 12

Hi, @SarahBaghdadi !

Thanks for your question! Are you trying to link an item in your main menu to a third party blog or are you looking to create your own blog posts? I'll separate the two methods for you below.

If you're trying to link to a third party blog, you can click Online Store in your Shopify admin and then click Navigation from the drop down menu. From this page, you'll want to open your main menu. Click Add Menu Item from this page and you can submit the link to your third party blog.

If you're looking to create your own blog post, click Online Store and then click Blog Posts. You'll then see a purple button in the top right corner to Add Blog Post. After you've added you content, you'll use the method in the first section to add your blog post to your main menu. Online Store > Navigation > Open Main Menu > Add Menu Item. Once you've clicked Add Menu Item, it is slightly different though. You can use Shopify's built in drop down menu's to find your blog which will automatically create the proper link and title. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need anything clarified.

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hello @Oliver ! Thank you so much for the reply. The second option was the one I wanted. It worked like magic! Thank you again!

1 Like