How to display inventory for multi-locations on product page

Chad9
Tourist
5 0 4

I'm testing out the new multi-location functionalities in a dev store.  On the product page I would like to know how to display inventory levels for the selected variants at each location.

Ultimately I would like to tie this into a Pickup In Store feature, but to start with, I'd like to know how to let the customers view the inventory levels at each store so they can know if the one closest to them has the item in stock.

Any code snippets and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Chad

raitalharehman
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Did you find any solution?

@Chad9 wrote:

I'm testing out the new multi-location functionalities in a dev store.  On the product page I would like to know how to display inventory levels for the selected variants at each location.

Ultimately I would like to tie this into a Pickup In Store feature, but to start with, I'd like to know how to let the customers view the inventory levels at each store so they can know if the one closest to them has the item in stock.

Any code snippets and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Chad

Chad9
Tourist
5 0 4

Nothing yet.  Seems like the inventory by location was rolled out without everything it affects being in place.  I thought this would be a pretty basic question to answer, but wherever I search I can't find anything.

0 Likes
moshin
Tourist
4 0 1

Dang, I am looking to achieve this too.   It is a core requirement.  Hoping someone has solved this.

Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
164 4 31

Hi there, I'm currently working on an app to achieve this! 

You can see a demo here:

https://shipping-demo.myshopify.com/products/location-test-product

I'm expecting to finish this somewhere next week.

I will post when the app is ready for instalation, I'm currently working on speeding things up, maybe caching the response for a minute or maybe 5 minutes so not every request needs to do a roundtrip (I guess the store owner should be able to select this in the settings :)  )

0 Likes
Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
164 4 31

I'm back! I needed to get this to work, so I pulled an all nighter, and did some more today.

The app works, it's not listed in the app store yet, since it needs to get reviewed first, but you can already use it like any other app. Instructions down below.

the App will get the inventory location information through the backend API and return it to the frontend.

For performance purposes I've currently set the inventory information of a product to be cached for 1 minute, I'm thinking about making this configurable.

I would really like to get some feedback, if you have any features you would like to see let me know

For anyone interested I have added a 30 day free trial for now after that the price will be $4.99 for early birds, this is to get everyone on board in improving the app. when the app is released, it will be 7 day trial with a $8.99 a month price.

Installation instructions:

1. Install the app by entering your store name here: https://inventorylocations.checkmyapp.net 
    the app will add a script to your active theme, that will take care of getting the inventory information
  2. Add this div to the product-template.liquid file of your theme: 
     <div id="inventoryLocationInformation">
                <strong>Inventory:</strong><br />
                <span class="inventoryLocationLoading">Loading..</span>
              </div>
  3. That's it!

The app is running on my live server, where some other apps run on too, so you can rest assured that it won't shutdown without any notice.

You can setup which locations you do want to display their inventory for (if you want to hide some warehouse for instance)

screenshot.png

Frontend, app in action: (you can also check it here : https://shipping-demo.myshopify.com/products/test-product

action_app.png

let me know what you think, and if you have any questions / remarks just let me know

0 Likes
Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
164 4 31

Looks like they removed my post here, so I will link to the other thread, the app is ready, more information: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Multiple-Warehouse-Inventory/m-p/488417#M119615

0 Likes
tmeristem
2 0 0

Is it possible to display products by selected locations using your app. For example, If person from US visit .Only those products display which is currently in stock in US.

0 Likes
Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
164 4 31

Hi! not at this time, you can however show out of stock and disable the add to cart button if the closest location does not have any inventory.

0 Likes
benjamindov
10 0 0

Hello there,

I see it is an old question but I would like to add a reply to this for the people who are coming to the topic from Google.

We recently created a Shopify App which is doing that.

This app allows you to display per location inventory on product pages. Also you can display your opereation hours with that.

We have a free plan take a look into it.

https://apps.shopify.com/stofind

0 Likes