How to edit code on the home page of Brooklyn theme

Tanz
Tourist
12 1 3

Hello, I am trying to edit the font size of my home page in the Brooklyn theme. Even after changing the font size from the dropdown, the text font size remains the same. I am going in the theme settings -> typography...changing the font size in the heading  section.

Can someone please help?

Thanks!

Tanz

0 Likes
Ren7
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 48 109

Hey, @Tanz

This is Ren from the Shopify support team, here to help. 

It sounds like you are in the right place to make sizing changes to your font. A few questions:

Are you making sure to hit Save after you adjust the size before navigating away or refreshing? Is it possible you are already on the largest font size setting? If you're wondering where to access the theme liquid/HTML, you'll need to head to Online Store > Actions > Edit HTML. If your font size just isn't big enough due to the style, we have a list of premium fonts you can browse here as well as the HTML tutorial for adding them to your theme. 

If all else fails, my last thought is to make sure you are using the most recent update of Brooklyn. To check this, go to Brooklyn in the theme store and download a fresh copy. If the font changes are happening as expected on the fresh copy, that's the one you'll want to edit and use going forward. 

Let me know how that goes! 

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tanz
Tourist
12 1 3
Thank you Ren! I am saving the changes. Basically nothing happens to
the font size whatever font size or font type I pick from the
dropdpwn. Could you please explain how can I download the latest copy
of theme if thats the problem. I work in the shopify platform only so
was assuming that it will automatically keep the latest theme changes.
Isnt that the case?

Thanks!
0 Likes
Baileyatk13
Tourist
7 0 1

Hey, was wondering if I can have some help also with the Brooklyn theme. I have tried to find where to edit the code for the Brooklyn HOME page but can’t seem to find it anywhere? Is it possible to edit on the Brooklyn theme? 

Thanks for the help! 

0 Likes